Associate Scientist Position at ICRISAT, near Hyderabad, India
Designation/Position- Associate Scientist Position
ICRISAT, Hyderabad, India invites application for Associate Scientist Position from eligible and interested candidates
About- ICRISAT seeks applications for the position of Associate Scientist: Gender Transformative Approach support to WLE-LWS Gender action plan at ICRISAT. The position is based at ICRISAT- Patancheru, Hyderabad, within Markets, Institutions, Nutrition & Diversity Theme of Innovation systems for the Drylands Program and reports to Senior Scientist, Gender Research.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
Research/Job Area- In related disciplines
Location- ICRISAT, Hyderabad, India
ICRISAT is seeking an early career researcher, with:
- A Ph.D. degree in related disciplines with 0-5 years of experience post Ph.D.
- Demonstrated understanding of gender transformative approach
- Strong analytical and communication skills – we are looking for someone who helps inspire attention to gender and inclusion across a wide range of WLE projects and programs
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position for two years renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
The Associate Scientist will be part of a Gender and Inclusion team at ICRISAT and CRP WLE, which supports WLE Flagships to applying a GTA approach. She/He will work under the supervision of the ICRISAT – WLE Gender and Inclusion focal point. He/she will also work closely with the team of researchers and consultants appointed for gender capacity strengthening of Flagship programs, to:
- Assist in developing a gender analysis and synthesis paper of watershed research and development interventions and outcomes focusing on intersectional inequalities and social inclusion
- Plan for and support two workshops aimed at internal capacity strengthening for relevant ICRISAT researchers, and an end of project advocacy and outreach workshop targeting external stakeholders and partners
- Developing Gender-responsive and transformative methodologies and toolkits for research and implementation
- Work with the Communications team to translate WLE gender deliverables and outputs to communication outputs and outcomes as relevant to WLE reporting and outreach requirements,
- Undertake and/or support relevant research, capacity strengthening and planning and documentation activities, as required
How to Apply-
Applicants should apply on or before 2-August-2020, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Last Date for Apply– 2 August 2020