Designation/Position- PhD position
University of Antwerp, Belgium invites application for PhD positions in Bio-electrochemistry from eligible and interested candidates
About- The University of Antwerp is a young, dynamic and forward-thinking university. It integrates the assets of its historical roots with its ambition to contribute positively to society.
The University of Antwerp develops, provides access to and disseminates scientific knowledge through research, teaching and academic service to the community and accomplishes these tasks in a spirit of academic freedom and responsibility.
The University of Antwerp espouses active pluralism. In that spirit, it stimulates critical research and teaching, reflection and debate on scientific, social, philosophical and ethical questions.
Research/Job Area- Chemistry, physics, bioscience or applied engineering
Location- University of Antwerp, Belgium
- You hold a master degree in chemistry, physics, bioscience or applied engineering.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A creative and analytical mind.
- Background knowledge in electrochemistry is essential.
- In view of the international context, mastering of the English language (both oral and written) is mandatory.
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of bio-electrochemistry.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You present your work at national and international workshops and conferences.
The AXES research group at the University of Antwerp (http://www.axes.be/) has an open position for a PhD to strengthen our developments in the field of bio-electrochemistry.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of the scholarship will be January 1st 2019, or June 2019 the latest;
- a dynamic and international working environment.
How to Apply-
- Please send a detailed CV (including honours, grades, skills, publications, …) and contact info of two references together with a strong motivation letter before December 15th 2018 to [email protected] with clear subject indication ‘AXES_PhD2019’.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
Last Date for Apply– 15 December 2018