BIST Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2019 in Barcelona, Spain
Designation/Position- BIST Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology, Spain invites application for BIST Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme from eligible and interested candidates
About- PROBIST is a post-doctoral fellowship Programme led by the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology. Altogether, 61 fellowships will be awarded and implemented in top research in the Barcelona and Tarragona area (Spain). BIST Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No. 754510
BIST brings closer together seven independent Catalan internationally recognized research centres. The centres participating in the PROBIST programme are:
• The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO)
• Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ)
• Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2)
• Institute for High Energy Physics (IFAE)
• Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona)
Also affiliated to BIST, but not directly participating in PROBIST, are:
• Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG)
• Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC)
Research/Job Area- Science and Engineering
Location- Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology, Spain
To be admitted to the review process, candidates must comply with the following eligibility criteria:
• Mobility: To have not spent more than 12 months of the prior 36 months in Spain, at the time of the call deadline (May 13th, 2019)
• PhD date certificate: PhD certificate should be obtained before your incorporation at the research centre, at maximum September 1st 2019. If you have not obtained your PhD at the time to submit your application, please indicate the likely date and provide documental evidence that you will obtain it.
• Publication as first author: To have at least one publication as main author (either accepted or published) in an international reputed journal at the time of the deadline.
• Letters of reference: To have submitted two reference letters at the time of the deadline
• PhD degree: Having not been awarded your PhD degree more than 5 years, at the time of recruitment. Exceptions are made for documented periods of parental leave or serious illness. Other equivalent exceptions may be considered when properly documented and motivated by the applicant, e.g, in case of candidates from underdeveloped countries, minorities, and for applicants that pursued their studies under comparatively unfavourable conditions. Please provide evidence when you apply (for instance uploading additional documentation).
Job/Position Description- PROBIST applicants will have complete research freedom. Applicants may subscribe to one or several generic research topics published with the calls. Once pre-selected they may design their research project proposal with a research group of their choice in the participating BIST centres. Successful candidates will be hosted by the selected research group. They will have full access to facilities, seminars and training programmes of the BIST centres. Networking activities shall facilitate inter-centre and inter-disciplinary exchange and collaborations. PROBIST will offer fellows the opportunity to opt for secondments from a pool of international institutions with which BIST centres have institutional agreements or collaborations.
The fellowships are granted for 3 years including:
• An annual gross salary of 36.000€ plus a single payment of 1.500€ relocation support (Spanish tax and social security deductions apply),
• Close mentoring and supervision through prestigious senior researchers,
• A personalized career development plan,
• A training programme for scientific and transferable skills.
PROBIST fellows will receive training in leadership and entrepreneurial skills and technology transfer issues, such as industrial and intellectual property, industrial collaborations, spin-off development, and other related subjects. BIST offers “Science to Business” courses with the goal to raise awareness of business opportunities and also to accelerate the transfer of technologies developed at the BIST centres to the market.
The actions included in the programme are focused on:
1) training in leadership skills;
2) offering opportunities to assume responsibility;
3) offering tools to be active in own career progression plan.
One of the main objectives of PROBIST is to provide high quality supervision offering:
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
By the deadline, the following documentation and information needs to be presented to be eligible:
1. Application form on personal data (online form to be filled in)
• Basic personal data and contact information
2. Application form on background (online form to be filled in)
• Specific background information on PhD title, previous works, results, awards, etc.
• Upload of the PhD certificate or substituting document issued by the corresponding University or evidence on expected date for submission.
• Indication of the preferred research topics (up to 3 topic in preference order)
• Indication of 2 reference persons who endorse your candidature
• Additional information relevant for the application and the eligibility, if applicable
3. Letter of motivation (document upload)
• The cover letter addresses research interests and motivation for the application, as well as the applicant’s background and suitability for the fellowship.
4. Curriculum Vitae (document upload)
• Applicants should indicate their scientific and professional trajectory and include information on publications, awards or other scientific merits. Candidates with career breaks or variations in the chronological sequence of their career steps are welcome to apply
Last Date for Apply– 13 May 2019
|Call is open:||26 March– 13 May|
|Writing research proposals for pre-selected candidates:||June 10th – June 30th|
|Interview with candidates:||July 4th – July 12th|
|Notification finalists:||July 22nd|
|Incorporation foreseen from*:||September 1st|