Breakthrough Research Fellowships in Breakthrough Institute, USA
Designation/Position- Breakthrough Research Fellowships
Breakthrough Institute, USA invites application for Breakthrough Research Fellowships from Master’s degree to a postdoctoral appointment to a senior professor.
About- Breakthrough Research Fellowships are awarded to non-resident research collaborators with the Breakthrough Institute’s research program. Launched in 2016, the program offers opportunities to the brightest and most talented thinkers to address unanswered questions related to energy, conservation, agriculture, growth, and innovation, and to change the way society approaches major environmental and development challenges.
Research/Job Area- Energy, conservation, agriculture, growth, and innovation, and to change the way society
Location- Breakthrough Institute, USA
More Opportunity – Presidential Post-doctoral Fellows Positions in University of Hong Kong
- Applicants interested in the Research Fellowship should possess a Master’s degree at minimum and have a well-scoped research proposal.
- Excellent proposals will define goals, methods, and align with Breakthrough’s interest areas and our mission statement (see details below).
- If you think your research can contribute to or deepen an ecomodern understanding of society and the environment, then this is an opportunity for you.
Scholars with experience ranging from a Master’s degree to a postdoctoral appointment to a senior professorship may apply.
These paid fellowships, completed in collaboration with research staff, advance Breakthrough’s research and reach, fostering partnerships with experts around the world at the cutting-edge of scholarship in these spaces.
Each year, Breakthrough seeks a small number of outstanding researchers and writers for the Breakthrough Research Fellowship. Fellows will submit a research proposal aligned with Breakthrough’s interest areas, and work on their project remotely.
The Research Fellowship runs for 8 weeks and pays in installments, totaling $5,000 over the course of the Fellowship.
How to Apply- Apply using online application form found here or at the bottom of this page.
You will need to submit a CV/resume, a research proposal, and 1-3 three writing samples. See details below.
Requirements for Research Fellowship Application
Please limit your resume or CV to two pages maximum.
Research proposals will make up the core of the Research Fellowship application. Research proposals should include:
- A brief summary and literature review of the topic at hand;
- The goals of the project (what unanswered questions are you addressing?);
- Type of analysis and methods;
- Expected results;
- Indication of your own experience with the subject matter and/or methods;
- Intended product (peer-reviewed paper or white paper).
Research proposals can be up to 1500 words.
3. Writing Samples (1-3)
4. Letters of Recommendation
Last Date for Apply– Applications are considered on a rolling basis.