Building Bharat-Boston (B4) Program 2020-21 in Harvard University, USA
Designation/Position- Building Bharat-Boston (B4) Program
Harvard University, USA invites application for Building Bharat-Boston (B4) Program from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Building Bharat-Boston Biosciences (B4) Program is a program funded by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India (GoI) as a second phase of the earlier “Boston Bangalore Biosciences Beginnings (B4) Program.” The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute, Harvard University (Mittal Institute) and Harvard Global Research Support Centre India are collaborating with IBAB, Bengaluru, India and IISER, Pune, India for the implementation of this program. The aim of B4 is to connect institutions in India and Boston to promote research and build new knowledge in bioscience. Building Bharat-Boston (B4) Program
Research/Job Area- Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, or Computer Science, Pharmacy, MBBS
Location- Harvard University, USA
- Faculty who are currently employed in an Indian institution with less than 42 years of age and 7 years of service as on March 31, 2020.
- Applicants must be Indian citizens currently residing in India.
- Must be currently teaching and researching in biosciences or related fields in an Indian institution.
Up to 11 Visiting Scientists will be sponsored to pursue research in fields related to the biosciences at Harvard University and other institutions in the Boston area. TheLakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute will organize seminars at Harvard for Visiting Scientists to discuss their research with the broader community at Harvard and beyond.
Visiting Scientists are expected to reside in the Cambridge vicinity and to actively participate in the events and intellectual life of the Institute. In addition, Visiting Scientists are expected to contribute to the greater Harvard community by teaching, mentoring, or advising students.
This program is a collaboration between IBAB (Bengaluru, India), IISER (Pune, India) and The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute (Harvard University, Cambridge, MA), funded by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
Starting Date: April-May 2020
Duration of the Program: 12 months
Stipend: INR 195,000/month for 12 months.
*Apart from the above mentioned stipend, the visiting scientists are expected to receive their salary from the Indian Institution that they are employed in, through these 12 months.
**Health insurance & round-trip economy travel expenses to & from Boston will also be provided as per the policies of the funding agency.
How to Apply-
- Request an XID. You MUST do this in order to apply.
- Follow the instructions on the email sent by the XID system. If you do not see it in
your inbox, please check your spam folder.
- Please wait 24 hours after activating your XID before applying through CARAT at
- Toggle to the “XID” Login Option instead of the “HarvardKey” Option and login with your XID. (Please note: “HarvardKey” Option works ONLY for those with a Harvard email address and not for the non-Harvard candidates).
- You should be taken straight to the application page for the “The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute B4 Visiting Scientists Program 2020-2021.” If you are not, search up “B4 Visiting Scientists” to look for the application.
The following documents are needed to complete the application. Each document must be uploaded as one single PDF and with file size less than 2 MB.
- Academic Transcript
- Resume/CV (one page)—listing your academic degrees (including disciplines and dates the degrees received), research presentations, previous grants and/or fellowships, and any additional experience that shows scientific background and productivity
- List of publications
- Statement of interest (one page), describing how your participation as a Visiting Scientist will help in the advancement of your career.
- Two letters of recommendation on the letterhead of the recommender along with their signatures and date.
- Employment documents to be submitted along with the application:
- Appointment letter
- Salary slips of the previous 3 months
- NOC from the Director or head of the institution (click here to download the NOC format)
Savitha G. Ananth, Program Manager, B4
Harvard Global Research Support Centre India, LMSAI
Last Date for Apply– 15 February 2020