Building Bharat-Boston (B4) Program 2019 in Harvard University, USA
Designation/Position- Building Bharat-Boston (B4) Program
Harvard University, USA invites application for Building Bharat-Boston (B4) Program from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Building Bharat-Boston Biosciences (B4) Program is a program funded by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India (GoI) as a second phase of the earlier “Boston Bangalore Biosciences Beginnings (B4) Program.” The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute, Harvard University (Mittal Institute) and Harvard Global Research Support Centre India are collaborating with IBAB, Bengaluru, India and IISER, Pune, India for the implementation of this program. The aim of B4 is to connect institutions in India and Boston to promote research and build new knowledge in bioscience. Building Bharat-Boston (B4) Program
Research/Job Area- Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, or Computer Science, Pharmacy, MBBS
Location- Harvard University, USA
Eligibility/Qualification–Open to Indian students currently pursuing Doctoral and post-doctoral scholars in the fields of Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, or Computer Science and students currently enrolled in MBBS, M.Pharm, M.Sc., ME, or M.TECH programs or Exceptionally talented undergraduate students in Indian institutions
Job/Position Description- In Phase 2 of B4, DBT has sanctioned a 2-year grant on June 22, 2018, with funds for the following activities each year:
1. Up to eight Science and Technology Fellowships for eighteen months in fields related to biosciences at Harvard and other institutions in the Boston area.
2. Two workshops annually, each spanning two weeks (Young Scientists Development Course) on topics related to biosciences and promotes interdisciplinary learning for young scientists of India.
3. Two in-country seminars each year, both held in a city in India to highlight the work of the visiting scientists.
B4 PROGRAM MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE (PMC) MEMBERS
- Prof. Gaiti Hasan, NCBS, Bengaluru
- Prof. Rajesh Gokhale, NII,New Delhi
- Prof. Praveen Verma (DBT Nominee), NIPGR, New Delhi
- Prof. Rupesh Chaturvedi (DBT Nominee), JNU, New Delhi
- Prof. Sanjeev Galande, IISER, Pune
- Prof. Venkatesh N Murthy, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Prof. H Subramanya, IBAB, Bengaluru
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online for Building Bharat-Boston (B4) Program.
Savitha G. Ananth, Program Manager, B4
Harvard Global Research Support Centre India, LMSAI
Last Date for Apply– 6 May 2019