Designation/Position- SERB-National Post Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF)
Call for Proposals of postdoc position under SERB-National Post Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF) scheme is now open. Eligible Researchers can submit the proposals till Apr 30 2018.
About- The SERB-National Post Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF) is aimed to identify motivated young researchers and provide them support for doing research in frontier areas of science and engineering. The fellows will work under a mentor, and it is hoped that this training will provide them a platform to develop as an independent researcher.
Location- In India
The applicant should be an Indian citizen
- The applicant must have obtained Ph.D/M.D/M.S degree from a recognized University. Those who have submitted their PhD/M.D/M.S thesis and are awaiting award of the degree are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates, if selected, will be offered lower fellowship amount till they qualify the eligible degree
- The upper age limit for the fellowship is 35 years at the time of the submission of application, age will be calculated by taking the date of closure of the respective call. Age relaxation of 5 (five) years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged & Women candidates
- NPDF can be availed only once by a candidate in his/her career.
- Mentor must hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized institution in India.Should hold Ph.D. degree in Science or Engineering.
- A mentor shall not have more than two SERB NPDF fellows at any given time.
- Applicants of NPDF, ECRA and EMR can submit their proposal only once in a calender year in any of these schemes.
- The call for applications for SERB-N PDF will be notified through the website www.serbonline.in and www.serb.gov.in
- The application form along with a research proposal highlighting the objectives of the research work to be undertaken should be submitted online through the website www.serbonline.in
- The applicant must identify a suitable Mentor under whom the proposed research would be carried out.
- The selection will be based on the recommendations of an Expert Committee that will be constituted by the Board. If required, the applicants may be called for personal interview.
How to Apply-For successful online submission of the application the following points may be noted:
- Applicants should first register into the online website ‘
- After log-in, applicants are required to fill all the mandatory fields in Profile Detail section under User Profile. which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address etc.
- Details including Project Title (max 500 characters), Project summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of project (max 1500 characters), Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters) should be provided online at the time of submission of the application.
- Work Methodology and Research plan has to be uploaded in single PDF file not more than 3 pages (max 10 MB).
Complete guideline for Principal Investigator for SERB-online system
Documents required (in PDF) should be in prescribed format:
- Bio-data (under user profile section)
- Age Proof Certificate
- Qualification Certificate
- Category Certificate (in case of Age Relaxation)
- Undertaking Certificate by the applicant Download Template
- Endorsement Certificate from the Mentor & Host Institute Download Template
- Short CV of the mentor (see online portal for its format)
- CV of Mentor Download Template
Termination of the Fellowship
- If any fellow wishes to terminate the fellowship, he/she shall inform the SERB through the mentor and host institute immediately. The implementing institute should not incur any expenditure from the date of termination of the project or the date of resignation of PI. The institute will also arrange for submission of documents mentioned above.
- SERB reserves the right to terminate the Fellowship at any stage if it is convinced that appropriate progress is not being made or the grant has not been utilized properly.
SERB PDFs are entitled to leave as per rules of the host institution. Participation in scientific workshops held in India or abroad will be treated as on duty. Maternity leave as per the Govt. of India instructions issued from time to time would be available to female candidates in all categories.