Carolina Postdoctoral Program in University of North Carolina, USA
Designation/Position- Carolina Postdoctoral Program
University of North Carolina, USA invites application for Carolina Postdoctoral Program from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Carolina Postdoctoral Program for Faculty Diversity (CPPFD) fellowship, is one of the oldest diversity fellowship programs in the nation and receives strong support and recognition at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and peer institutions. Program support is offered to our postdocs by top level administrators, departments, centers and institutes. The program is part of the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, a unit of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research. Carolina Postdoctoral Program
Research/Job Area- Applications for study in any discipline represented on the campus are welcome. Please specify your discipline of interest when applying.
Location- University of North Carolina, USA
- Applicants must have completed their doctoral degree or terminal degree in their field within the past five years and no later than July 1st of the award year.
- The primary criterion for selection is evidence of scholarship potentially competitive for tenure track appointments at the University of North Carolina and other research universities.
- An important secondary criterion is the support of prospective departments.
- Preference will be given to individuals who are lawfully eligible to work in the United States. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill strongly encourages applications from individuals that have experience, background and/or scholarship that will contribute to the diversity of the campus community.
Job/Position Description- The CPPFD is a nationally recognized and extremely competitive program.
As part of a continuing commitment to building a culturally diverse intellectual community and advancing scholars from underrepresented groups in higher education, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Carolina Postdoctoral Program for Faculty Diversity (CPPFD) is pleased to offer postdoctoral research appointments for a period of two years.
The purpose of CPPFD is to develop scholars from underrepresented groups for possible tenure track appointments at the University of North Carolina and other research universities. Postdoctoral scholars will be engaged full-time in research and may teach only one course per fiscal year. This program is funded by the State of North Carolina.
- $47,476 per calendar year (STEM disciplines-based on qualifications)
- $2,000 per year research fund for research expenses, including travel.
How to Apply-
- Cover letter addressed to Vice Chancellor for Research
- Curriculum vitae
- A statement of research plans (1-3 pages)
- A contribution to diversity statement on why you should be selected for this program (1–3 pages)
- Writing samples (e.g., publications and/or dissertation chapters) – Visual Artists should include a portfolio of their artwork in lieu of writing samples.*
- Two references for letters of recommendation
- All Materials must be submitted through online application system to be accepted: https://unc.peopleadmin.com
Director, Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
Last Date for Apply– 15 November 2019 at 11:59 EST.