Centre for Healthcare Entrepreneurship (CfHE) fellowship Program 2019
Designation/Position- Centre for Healthcare Entrepreneurship (CfHE) fellowship Program 2019
IIT-Hyderabad, India invites application for Centre for Healthcare Entrepreneurship from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Foundation for the Center for Healthcare Entrepreneurship, is sponsored by two IIT Bombay alumni, and is focused on making universal healthcare a reality. The Center’s objective is to catalyze healthcare innovation to bring about affordable solutions to address healthcare needs of India. The Center hopes to foster entrepreneurs to deliver a pipeline of cost-efficient solutions, which are increasingly ‘commercialized’. Centre for Healthcare Entrepreneurship (CfHE) fellowship Program 2019
CfHE Fellowship is a unique world-class program of one year for healthcare entrepreneurs followed by opportunity to incubate.It is conceptualized, administered and mentored by Bay area entrepreneurs, top academics from the US, Indian and Bio-med industry.
The selected startups from fellowship program gets an incubation in IIT Hyderabad to establish their companies.
Research/Job Area- Engineers, clinicians, entrepreneurs and the business community
Location- IIT Hyderabad
Minimum eligibility criterion includes –
- Btech/ BE degree or higher
- M.B.B.S/B.D.S or higher
- B.Des or higher
This is just minimum requirement.Successful candidates are expected to show prior track records in entrepreneurship or demonstrable intent in that direction.
Job/Position Description- Centre for Healthcare Entrepreneurship (CfHE) fellowship Program for 1 year for engineers, clinicians, entrepreneurs and the business community on a single platform to design and innovate in the field of healthcare, biomedical devices,
This program aims at bringing together engineers, clinicians, entrepreneurs and the business community on a single platform to design and innovate in the field of healthcare, biomedical devices, and services to create a social impact.
- The curriculum focuses on biodesign innovation through a structured plan of Product development containing
- Clinical immersion to identify the unmet needs
- Needs filtering and Needs Statement development
- Ideation and brainstorming to develop solutions to the problems
- Implementation: Product Prototyping, Design, Validation
- Regulatory aspects and Intellectual Property
- Business plan development and Strategies for marketing
- The fellows get exposure to experts from clinic, medical device industry, entrepreneurs, IP/ legal and safety and regulatory experts.
- Hands on training on 3-D rapid prototyping for quick designing of products, validation of ideas etc
- A basket of technology electives from IITH to bridge the gaps in expertise related to the project
- The fellows get training on how to form start up /new ventures and writing business plan for their start up and proceed to incubating the companies
- The fellows would present a workable prototype of their idea and present the business plan at the end of the program leading to a startup and pitching to VCs
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
For Contact- [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 15 April 2019