Chinese Government Scholarship 2019-20 for Indian nationals
Designation/Position- Chinese Government Scholarship 2019-20
Ministry of Human Resource Development invites application for Chinese Government Scholarship 2019-20 from eligible and interested candidates
About- Online applications are invited for selection of Indian nationals for Chinese Government Scholarship 2019-20, for pursuing following programmes: Chinese Government Scholarship 2019-20 for Indian nationals
(i) Undergraduate programs, (ii) Master’s programs, (iii) Doctoral programs, (iv) General Scholar program and (v) Senior Scholar programs.
Research/Job Area- Offered by University
Qualifications and age (as on 01.04.2019):-
- Undergraduate programs: applicant must be a high school graduate under the age of 25
- Master’s programs: applicant must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35
- Doctoral programs: applicant must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40
- General Scholar program: applicant must be under the age of 45 and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study when applying for general scholar programs
- Senior Scholar programs: applicant must be master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for senior scholar programs.
Job/Position Description- Candidates who have been abroad for the purpose of study/research/training, for the period of more than six months at a time either on a scholarship or on their own, are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two years, after their return from abroad as on 11.03.2019.
39 slots are offered under the Chinese Government Scholarship. Allotment of slots would be based on number of applications received programme wise.
The following criteria would be adopted for nomination of the candidates. The final selection would be made by the Government of China.
- For undergraduate programme merit list would be based on class 12 and class 10 marks. 80% weightage would be given for class 12 and 20% weightage for class 10 marks.
- For Ph.D., Master’s, Senior Scholar and General Scholar Programme, the merit list would be drawn by giving weightage to Centrally Funded Educational Institutions (CFEIs)/Institution of National Importance and NAAC accredited institutions, from where the candidate is pursuing or completed his/her qualifying exam.
- The candidates must keep the following documents ready:
- All original documents in respect of age, qualification etc..
- NOC/Cadre Clearance (in case of Government Servant).
- Hard copy of application submitted at China Scholarship Council application portal.
How to Apply- Applicants are required to apply online through Ministry of Human Resource Development portal.
Applicants are also required to apply online simultaneously through China Scholarship Council website http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or www.campuschina.org . Instructions for applying to China Scholarship Council application system is enclosed.
It is compulsory for the applicant to apply in both the portals i.e. https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login for China Scholarship Council and http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship for Ministry of Human Resource Development, before the cut-off dates, failing which, would make his/her candidature ineligible.
No hard copy of online application is required to be sent to Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Following documents need to be uploaded at the time of online application at http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship :
- Self attested scanned copy of the mark-sheet, certificate, degrees, diploma etc.
- Where grades are mentioned, the candidate must upload the official explanation adopted by the University/Institution along with marks sheet/degree.
- Self attested copy of class 10th certificate bearing date of birth to be uploaded in the respective section.
(Document size: the size must be under 530 kb for a single file. Applicant can make .pdf file or can zip in case of more than one document to be uploaded in a single place. A zip file is treated as a single file and it must be under 530 kb)
1. Instructions of the CSC Online Application System for International Students.
2. Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
Only Chinese and English language are accepted for the online application.
Use Firefox or Internet Explorer (11.0). Menu selection functions may not work in other browsers.
Last Date for Apply– 01 April 2019