How Can You Increase Your Citations for a Research Paper: Research Tip
After publishing research work, the citation of that is also essential for a researcher. Here we discuss some tips – Citations for a Research Paper.
Hello Researchers, publishing research work is essential for a researcher. But after publication, how many times your paper is cited is also very important. Are you thinking by seeing the title that I am going to tell you some trick or magic to increase citation? No, there is no magic or deception, and we are not going to make fun of quality work done by the researcher. It takes a lot of effort to publish quality work.
Read this article – 9 Important Tips to Publish Your Work in Journal with High Impact Factor.
But, there are some simple steps by that you can increase your visibility of published paper among the research community. Keep in mind how much your article is accessible or visible to others that much chance will increase for citation as well as H-Index. Increase Your Citations for a Research Paper
What is H-index – H-index is a number that gives a thought of a researcher’s efficiency and impact. The number depends on the papers a researcher publishes, and the citation for those papers get. It measures both the efficiency and reference effect of the publications of a researcher or scholar.
Publishing research articles in the scholarly community is significant. Together, getting numerous sources to refer to your published research work shows the quality of your research commitment and impact. The fundamental factor of getting low citations of useful publication has low permeability among established researchers. A high citation score is also one of the parameters to get a good postdoc/academic position. In this article, we discuss ten helpful tips to expand your research citation score.
Sometimes after excellent publication will also not get a remarkable number of citation. So, let’s discuss how you can increase your citation score.
- Target high impact factor paper publication
- Publish a Review Paper
- Target Open Access Journals
- Give a reason to others to cite your paper
- Visible more online
- Cite well and get cited
- Use the image search option
- Use proper keyword
- Collaborate with other researcher work
- Make attractive Graphical abstracts
- Target high impact factor paper publication – Impact factor decide the quality of a research journal. You have a better chance of more citations if you can publish your work in these journals. If your data is useful and you can explain those better than target high impact journals first. Read our previous article – How to Write a Research Paper: Step-by-Step Guide | Researchersjob
2. Publish a Review Paper – Review paper gets more citations than the research article paper. And same with book chapter also. If you want to increase your citation score, then you should consider for review paper publication. Take time, collect data, organize well, and write an excellent review paper.
3. Target Open Access Journals – This is also one of the excellent strategies to increase open access journals, where anyone can download research paper without available permission. Again, I will say this strategy will work, but nowadays, any researcher can download research papers by SCI-hub kind of website. So, publishing in an open-access journal is not a success idea nowadays.
4. Give a reason to others to cite your paper – You have excellent data, and you explain your work very well, but this is not everything. If you want a proper citation, then you have to give some explanation according to your research outcome, so can others also get an idea and cite your work. Clarify well your position that, why your research matters, and give other researchers an excellent reason to cite your work.
Example – You can say like – “It can be observed in our experiments that…”
5. Cite well and get cited – When you are citing other paperwork, try to use recent and relevant papers only. Here one trick – if you cite related work of your colleagues and known person, then there is more chance that they will also cite you. Also, you can make a treaty that I will cite you, and you mention to me if your colleague’s work is related. The second strategy, you can cite your paper also, but do it smartly and in the limit (I will suggest one or two). One more trick, cite a person, which is a renowned person in your field; it will increase your reputation as well as a citation.
6. Visible more online – I will say this is the most important point about which many researchers are not giving attention. Share your research paper on social media. Now many platforms are available, where you can be more visible with your research paper. As a researcher, it is must for you that make your account in some platform like- Google Scholar, Researchgate, Orcid, Mendeley, etc. This is very important, after publishing your first paper, create your account on this platform. You can also participate in a discussion forum and give reference to your documents.
I also suggest you participate in discussions in our forum, educate with your knowledge to other researchers. It will help other researchers and feel you that you spread knowledge. And believe me, if you allow anyone with your experience, then nothing is better than that. I will suggest you in your social media section put your google scholar profile to increase your research work online visibility.
Add your paper in your google scholar, research gate, Mendeley kind of platform. Also, you can share online your work on social media like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
7. Use image search option – One more trick, now many people are searching for work by image search so that you can put your research image on Instagram, Pinterest kind of platform with an accurate description of your research work. Believe me, after these, your work will become more visible online, and automatically, your citation score will increase.
8. Use proper keyword – Pick trending keywords that researchers in your field will be looking for so your paper will come up in a database search.
Also, some journal is asking mention highlights, so use the proper line for that mentioning novelty, trend, and prospects which can be searched more by others.
9. Make attractive Graphical abstract (pictorial abstract of your research work) – make your graphical abstract engaging and informative. So, while searching, other researchers will also attract on your research work, and your citation chance will increase.
10. Collaborate with other researcher’s work – Collaborate with other researchers and get your name as author in their research paper. In your citation score, it doesn’t matter much that you are the first author of that paper or other. Collaborate work also help you to increase your citation score.
The bottom line
Use these strategies to improve your citation score high. If you have any queries regarding this, be sure to ask in the comments. Also, you can suggest some more points or experiences add to this list. Share your experience that how you feel these strategies will work, put them in the comments below. Thank You