Designation/Position- Head – Computational Biology
Excelra, Hyderabad, Telangana offers position of Head – Computational Biology position for candidates having MS/PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computational biology or similar.
About- Excelra is looking for highly skilled and experienced computational biologist to lead data analytics projects involving advanced data mining and analysis pipelines to exploit the target-drug-disease association. The successful candidate will be responsible to develop novel algorithms to optimize drug discovery process, some of the areas of company’s interest are computational drug repurposing, biomarker identification and data integration. The candidate should have demonstrated experience in data mining methods using large scale data, hypothesis generation, and integration of diverse data sets. The candidate should identify the current gaps in the strategies & methodology and able to come up with improvements in the practiced procedures. Computational Biology
Location- Excelra, Hyderabad, Telangana
Research/Job Area- Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computational biology or similar
- Over 10 years of experience in computational biology and bioinformatics related areas is a must.
- MS/PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computational biology or similar, with a strong publication record.
- A strong understanding of statistical principles behind the current best practices in computational biology
- Proven experience in drug discovery and development is essential preferably in industrial setting
- Expertise in the use of a high-level programming language such as R, Python or Perl for complex data analysis. Programming, web application programming, or relational database experience are pluses.
- Proven expertise in defining and validating computational approaches to generate hypotheses using multivariate, Bayesian and machine learning approaches
- Ability to generate in-silico experimental workflows and in-depth knowledge in proprietary and public biological databases, methods and tools.
Job/Position Description- The selected candidates will be part of the Excelra informatics group and work in the area of Pharma data analytics. You will be responsible to lead the team in research data analysis in both prospective and retrospective manner to generate the novel hypothesis using number of different tools such as meta-analysis, pathway analysis and structural similarity analysis.
- Work with diverse customers/partners in drug discovery and development
- Manage multi-disciplinary team of PhD level scientists and nurture the ambitions
- Responsible for day to day operational activities of computational biology team
- Setting project goals and Increasing productivity and efficiency of scientists
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
- Liaison with partners on diverse projects and present the results internal and external stake holders
- Good communication and analytical skills combined with ability to recognize and implement plans.
- Writing research papers, reports, reviews and summaries
- Has to ensure that all members understand the team’s objectives and work together to achieve it.
How to Apply– Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.