Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellowship
CSIRO: Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, Australia invites application for Postdoctoral Fellowship position from eligible and interested candidates
About- At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Research group is seeking a PhD qualified Bioinformatician with experience in functional genomics and genome engineering, as well as demonstrated knowledge of modern compute frameworks (HPC, Cloud) to help us bring advanced IT solutions to gene therapy applications.
Research/Job Area- Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or Bioinformatics
Project Title- Bioinformatics for gene therapy
Location- CSIRO: Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, Australia
• A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or Bioinformatics.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of relevant postdoctoral experience.
• Evidence of developing machine learning methodology (e.g. RF, SVM, ANN) as well as more than one language relevant for bioinformatics (e.g. Python, Java, C++, Scala, BASH, R).
• Proven impact from developing solutions on public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Alibaba cloud, GCP, Azure) or high-performance compute (HPC) with demonstrated software engineering practices (us of repositories, deployment standards, efficiency analysis).
• Experience in functional genomics, genome engineering or computational vectorology, specifically around analysis of experimental (NGS) data from CRISPR experiments.
• The ability to translate genomic analysis into testable hypotheses and real world applications.
• The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
• A record of science innovation and creativity, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
Job/Position Description- You will join the high-performing Transformational Bioinformatics from the Australian e-Health Research Centre (AEHRC) and collaborate closely with the Gene Therapy Research Unit (SCHN/CMRI) and Translational Vectorology group (CMRI) at Westmead to help develop and optimize methods for gene therapy.
The selected candidate will achieve impact by having access to unique clinical samples that enable the development of new computationally-guided editing strategies for real-world application in the gene therapy unit at the Children’s Hospital.
How to Apply- To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Last Date for Apply– Wednesday 12 December 2018