Designation/Position- Data Science Consultant
ZS Associates, Pune, India offers Data Science Consultant position for candidates having MS Research or PhD in Computer Science (OR Statistics or Business Analytics) from a premier institute
About- ZS is the world’s largest firm focused exclusively on helping companies improve overall performance and grow revenue and market share, through end-to-end sales and marketing solutions – from customer insights and strategy to analytics, operations and technology. More than 5,000 ZS professionals in our worldwide offices draw on deep industry and domain expertise to deliver impact for clients across multiple industries.
ZS’s India Capability and Expertise Centers house more than 60% of ZS people across two locations based in Pune and Gurgaon. Our teams work in conjunction with onshore colleagues to deliver our sales and marketing projects to our clients. The Centers primarily support client projects based in North America, Europe and East Asia in the areas of Business Analysis, Business Operations and Business Technology.
ZS’s Business Consulting Group delivers solutions to a broad spectrum of marketing and sales challenges. We also help our clients transform their marketing and sales organizations to implement these solutions. Our solutions and recommendations are based in rigorous research and analysis underpinned by deep expertise and thought leadership.
Location- ZS Associates, Pune, India
Research/Job Area- Computer Science
- Educational background of BE/ BTech / BS (stats), MS Research or PhD in Computer Science (OR Statistics or Business Analytics) from a premier institute
- Substantial experience in Machine Learning.
- Knowledge of big data/ advanced analytics concepts and algorithms – text mining, social listening, recommender systems, predictive modeling, etc.
- Knowledge of programming – Java/Python/R
- Exposure to tools/platforms – Hadoop eco system and DB systems
- Agile project planning and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Domain knowledge/expertise (Healthcare/Travel/Hi-tech/Insurance) is preferred though not mandatory
- Research focused mindset with strong attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills; ability to devise a structure for solving unstructured problems / for conducting exploratory analytics.
- High motivation, good work ethic and maturity
ZS is a global consulting firm; fluency in English is required, additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a cover letter expressing interest and a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, plus an attractive benefits package.
Job/Position Description- ZS pioneers in sales force and marketing analytics – applying optimization techniques to sales force and marketing investment problems. We have grown significantly and are now recognized global leaders in sales and marketing consulting. A key enabler of our services is leveraging data in delivering client solutions. The data available about customers is getting richer and the problems that our customers are trying to answer continue to evolve. In our endeavor to stay ahead in providing solutions to these evolving complex problems, ZS has set up an Advanced Data Science which has three major focus areas:
- Research the evolving datasets and advanced analytical techniques to develop new offerings/solutions
- Deliver client impact by collaboratively implementing these solutions
- Provide thought leadership by developing the ZS Point of View in this space
The Data Science Consultant will play a critical role in designing, developing and implementing analytical techniques on large, complex, structured and unstructured data sets (including big data) to help client make better decisions in sales and marketing space, with guidance from Data Science senior leadership.
- Developing advanced algorithms that solve problems of large dimensionality in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner
- Collaborating with clients and other ZS stakeholders to effectively integrate and communicate analysis findings
- Providing guidance and project management support to the Associates and/or Associate Consultants on the team
- Implementing statistical and data mining techniques e.g. hypothesis testing, machine learning, and retrieval processes on a large amount of data to identify trends, figures and other relevant information
- Evaluating emerging datasets and technologies that may contribute to our analytical platform
- Owning the development of select assets/accelerators for efficient scaling of capability
- Contributing to the thought leadership of the firm by helping in researching the evolving topics and publishing them
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.