PhD in Germany, International Max Planck Research School
Designation/Position- PhD in Germany
International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS-CPQM), Germany invites application for PhD in Germany from eligible and interested candidates
About- The International Max Planck Research School for Chemistry and Physics of Quantum Materials (IMPRS-CPQM) started in January 2016 and is currently funded for an initial six years. In IMPRS-CPQM, the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Physics of Solids in Dresden, Germany, formally collaborates with two universities – Technische Universität Dresden and the University of St Andrews (Scotland) – to offer an internationally leading PhD programme in the field of materials chemistry and physics. PhD in Germany
Research/Job Area- Chemistry, Physics and related area
Location- International Max Planck Research School for Chemistry and Physics of Quantum Materials (IMPRS-CPQM), Germany
- Research group is looking for highly motivated PhD students who have a record of excellence in their previous studies.
- Most of incoming students will have Masters or MPhys degrees as part of their entry qualification.
- Applications from candidates with excellent Bachelor degrees will also be considered for some projects involving St Andrews supervisors.
- If you join IMPRS-CPQM holding a Bachelor degree, you will do extra graduate courses to take you to the equivalent Masters level.
If you are interested in the projects offered by IMPRS-CPQM and would like to join us to work in a stimulating research environment, we invite you to apply for admission into our research school. Candidates from any country can apply for admission to IMPRS-CPQM. Gender balance is an important issue for us, and we particularly encourage female candidates to apply.
Toward the end of each year, we have an open call for applications which will be announced through a large number of channels.However, we are aware that applicants’ circumstances differ from country to country and also on an individual level. So we are also happy to discuss applications received throughout the year.
How to Apply- Please use online form to apply for a position at IMPRS-CPQM.
You can upload the following documents:
- a cover letter describing your motivation for applying to IMPRS-CPQM and a statement discussing the projects you are most interested in (if you have priorities regarding the selected projects, please discuss them in the cover letter),
- a CV with complete description of your academic career,
- a transcript of courses taken and grades obtained,
- if you would like to submit further documents in support of your applications, you can do so via our online form as well.
Please make sure to have these documents ready as separate pdf files when you start the online application procedure as you cannot save the data entered into the online form.
Written applications will be considered by the supervisors of the projects applied for, and by a team selected from PIs at the participating institutions. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview, either by Skype, in person or both, depending on circumstances.
Last Date for Apply– Open Position