Early Career Research Fellowships 2020 (Post-doctoral Positions) in UK
Designation/Position- Early Career Research Fellowships 2020
Five UK colleges invites application for Early Career Research Fellowships 2020 from eligible and interested candidates
About- This year five colleges invite applications for eight Early Career Research Fellowships which will normally be tenable for three years from 1 October 2020. Early Career Research Fellowships are initial (normally) post-doctoral positions appropriate to the start of an academic career.
Sciences, Engineering and Mathematics
Arts subjects: Ancient Philosophy, Divinity/Theology, Economics, Law (including Legal Philosophy and Criminology), Management Studies, Philosophy (including Philosophy of Science), Political Theory and Political Philosophy, Politics and International Relations, Psychology (Social Science), and Sociology.
Location- Churchill College, Fitzwilliam College, Murray Edwards College, Robinson College and Trinity Hall, UK
Check Postdoc Positions here –
- Early Career Research Fellowships are open to graduates, women and men, of any university who have recently or are about to complete their doctorates.
- Candidates would normally be expected to have completed no more than 5 years full time equivalent post-doctoral research. Research Fellowships will not normally be awarded to people who have held comparable post-doctoral positions.
- Successful candidates will normally have submitted their theses by the commencement of the Fellowship.
- The statements of research should be no more than 1,000 words outlining the work candidates would submit in support of their applications, if requested, and the research they propose to do if elected. Please note that it will be read by people outside, as well as within, the candidate’s own discipline and should therefore be intelligible to scholars in other subjects.
- Candidates must provide details for two referees who have agreed to submit a reference through the website by 5.00pm on Monday, 18th November 2019. The referees should be familiar with the work to be submitted and one should normally be your PhD supervisor.
Job/Position Description- The Fellowship will normally be tenable for three years from 1 October 2020.
How to Apply- To apply, you are required to register.
Applications must be received online by 5.00pm on Monday, 11th November 2019. Referees’ references must be received online no later than 5.00pm on Monday, 18th November 2019.
The following procedure is followed by the Colleges in processing applications:
- Application form and statement of research are reviewed by all five Colleges along with references, and a proportion is selected for detailed assessment.
- Candidates who pass the first stage are invited to submit written material, (typically an extract from a doctoral thesis and an academic publication), for assessment.
- Written material is sent to two independent academic experts for detailed assessment. Reports are shared between Colleges.
- Colleges rank candidates on the basis of assessors’ reports. [Fitzwilliam College, Murray Edwards College, Robinson College and Trinity Hall will call some of the top-ranking candidates for interview in early March 2020.]
- Final decisions are made, and successful candidates are notified by end March 2020.
Last Date for Apply– 11 November 2019
- The application must be submitted through the website by 5.00pm on Monday, 11th November 2019. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Two references must be submitted through the website by 5.00pm on Monday, 18th November 2019.
- Candidates who are selected to send samples of written work, must do so by midnight on Sunday, 12th January 2020.
- Candidates will be called to interview (by Fitzwilliam College, Murray Edwards College, Robinson College and Trinity Hall) in early March 2020. Churchill College does not interview candidates.
- Elections will be made no later than the week commencing 16th March 2020.
- Successful candidates will enter into their Fellowships on 1st October 2020.