Designation/Position- Educational loan scholarship
JN Tata Endowment Fund, India invites application for
Educational loan scholarship from eligible and interested candidates
About- The J. N. Tata Endowment awards a one-time loan scholarship to Indian nationals only at the beginning of the course for full time Postgraduate/Ph.D./Postdoctoral studies/Research Fellowships studies abroad, in all fields, irrespective of caste, creed, gender or community. The amount to be awarded to each scholar by way of loan scholarship is determined on the basis of the norms laid down for the purpose, and does not cover the full cost of studies. The amount awarded as the loan scholarship ranges between Rs.1,00,000/- and Rs.10,00,000/-. All selected scholars do not necessarily qualify for the maximum amount.
The selected scholars may also be recommended for a gift scholarship and travel assistance from our allied Trusts as may be decided at the sole discretion of the Trustees of the concerned Trusts. A gift scholarship can be for a maximum amount of Rs.7,50,000/- and the travel grant can be a maximum of Rs.50,000/-.
Research/Job Area- Scholarship for higher studies abroad
Location- JN Tata Endowment Fund
Applicants should be Indian nationals who are graduates of a recognised Indian Universityand have secured at least 60% in their last academic examination.
Students in the final year of the degree course and those awaiting results are eligible to apply.
Candidates may apply even if they do not have the admission/offer letters, at the time of making the application, from the Universities to which they have applied for the academic year 2019-2020.
However they must update their applications status with the Endowment once they secure admission.
Mid-career professionals not older than 45 years, with a good academic record and experience in their fields, specialisation or training may also apply.
Scholars going abroad for seminars, conferences and undergraduate studies are not eligible for a J. N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship.
It is a matter of pride to be called a JN Tata Scholar. Staying true to our founder JamsetjeeNusserwanjee’s vision of rewarding the brightest and the best, we follow a rigorous selection process. Candidates may note the following points :
- Apart from consistent academic performance, we give importance to participation in both co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- A good GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS score is extremely important for those applying overseas. If you have received a low GRE score, it may be advisable to improve upon it, to increase your chances of receiving the loan scholarship.
- The statement of purpose carries considerable weight in the selection process. We have provided some guidance on our web site on how you can construct a good statement of purpose. Please ensure that your statement of purpose is written by you and free from plagiarism.
- After the initial screening of applications, candidates are shortlisted to undergo an online test which will be based on the lines of Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA), on Sunday, 14th April, 2019. Timing and other details will be informed accordingly. Candidates shortlisted based on the online test will be called for an interview. Such candidates should upload scanned copies of the required documents on the application form portal in the upload documents section, before the time of the interview.
Candidates should note that to be shortlisted for an interview is no guarantee of receiving the loan scholarship. The interview, conducted in person at Mumbai or through Skype by a Technical Committee from April onwards, carries the most weightage in the selection process. Candidates should come prepared with knowledge of their subjects and chosen areas of interest with any specialistion, as shown in their application for admission. They will be examined in depth and detail and the greatest weight will be given to depth of understanding of the chosen area of study and career path. There will be two interviewers, one of who is a subject-expert and the other is Director of the Endowment.
The final selection of scholars for the award of the loan scholarship is based on the following criteria:
(1) Performance at the interview;
(2) Score at the online test
(3) Score based on academic results, GRE/GMAT/IELTS/TOEFL scores, Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, research work, statement of purpose, and work experience.
All the Awards will be announced together latest by the first week of July by mail. The Trustees’ decision on the award of scholarships is final. Correspondence in this regard will not be entertained.
How to Apply-
The candidate and the guarantor (preferably a parent or a relative having the capacity to repay the loan) will have to visit the Administrative Office of the Endowment, by prior appointment, to complete the necessary formalities, after obtaining the visa. They will be required to enter into a legal agreement with the Trustees and provide documentary evidence of the capacity of the guarantor to repay the loan.
Candidates must repay the loan scholarship in five equal instalments of 20% between third and seventh year. Candidates must begin to repay earlier than year three if they have started earning.
(i)All applications have to be submitted online.
(ii)Our office remains closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays
Last Date for Apply– 11 March 2019