Designation/Position- Postdoc position
Empa’s Center for X-ray Analytics and the Laboratory for Biomimetic Membranes and Textilesare offering a Postdoc position on Small Angle X-ray Scattering for Designing and Characterization of Hierarchical Polymer-Lipid Composite Nanofibers.
About- Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and the well-being of society.
Location- Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology (EMPA), Switzerland
Research/Job Area- Chemistry, Physics or Material Sciences
- Experience in applying X-ray scattering in characterization of nanomaterials
- Completed PhD degree in chemistry, physics or material sciences
- Good publication record
- Highly motivated, communicative and interest in interdisciplinary research
- Language skills: English, German (advantageous)
Job/Position Description- This interdisciplinary project employs cutting-edge X-ray analytics to develop and optimize strategies for designing nanofibers with hierarchical domains for drug delivery applications.The aim is to excel biofunctional polymer matrices with lipid self-assemblies and deliver nanofibers with stimuli responsive drug delivery propertiesin bio-environment. Small angle scattering and diffraction studies will be extensively used to investigate the role of templating lipid structures and fine-tune the designing strategies. Synergies with microscopy methods such as TEM and other X-ray based approaches such as X-ray µ-Computed Tomography (µ-CT) or Phase Contrast Imaging (XPCI) will be used.
- Apply and develop X-ray scattering methodology to optimize the interactions of lipid self-assemblies with polymers matrix
- Leverage the synergies of the interdisciplinary project at the interface of X-ray research, polymer chemistry and biology being in constant exchange with our collaboration partners
- Publish results in high impact journal and present your work at international conferences
- Contribute in writing research proposals as PI/CoPI
Research group offer a challenging position at a materials research institution with outstanding infrastructure and an interdisciplinary surrounding. You can expect significant support and guidance from established scientists during the whole of your project. The candidate will perform his/her research at Empa in St. Gallen. The position is initially available for 1 year with possibility for extension upon successful contributions in writing research proposals. The starting date is as soon as possible.
How to Apply- Research group look forward to receiving your online application including a letter of motivation, CV, diplomas with transcripts and names and addresses of at least two references. Please upload the requested documents through our webpage. Applications via email will not be considered.
For Contact- Dr. Amin Sadeghpour, [email protected]