Postdoc position in EMPA, Swiss Federal Laboratories, Switzerland
Designation/Position- Postdoc position in EMPA
Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology (EMPA), Switzerland is offering a Postdoc position in EMPA
About- Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and the well-being of society.
Empa’s Laboratory Materials for Energy Conversion focuses on materials and device innovation for sustainable energy conversion and storage technologies.
Location- Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology (EMPA), Switzerland
Research/Job Area- Chemistry, materials science or related fields
Project Title – Hydroborate-based all-solid-state batteries
- The ideal candidate possesses a Ph.D. in chemistry, materials science or related fields. Prior experience in electrochemistry and battery research is an advantage.
- The research project focuses on the development of hydroborate-based all solid-state batteries using metal anodes.
- Your task is to investigate the anode-electrolyte interface, to investigate the (electro-)chemical compatibility between hydroborates and alkali metals, to identify and mitigate failure mechanisms and to establish conditions for stable cycling, aiming at improved power density and prolonged cycle life.
- You will design, conduct, and analyze scientific experiments in an international and interdisciplinary environment in collaboration with other academic partners.
- In addition, you will be involved in writing scientific publications, presenting results at national and international scientific meetings.
- Within this project, the ability to publish is not restricted.
- The generation of intellectual property in the form of patents is encouraged.
Research group is looking for a highly self-motivated team player ready to work independently in Empa’s vibrant international research environment starting from September 1st, 2020.
How to Apply-
Research group look forward to receiving your online application including a one-page letter of motivation, CV, diplomas with transcripts, and at least two reference letters. Only complete applications will be considered. Please upload the requested documents through research group webpage.
Applications via email will not be considered.