Helmholtz Institute Münster Ionics in Energy Storage, Germany invites application for PostDoc position from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Institute of Energy and Climate Research – Helmholtz Institute Münster for Ionics in Energy Storage (IEK-12) was founded in July 2014. It operates as a branch office of Forschungszentrum Jülich together with the University of Münster (WWU) and RWTH Aachen University. IEK-12 focusses on electrolyte research considered as a key for new battery concepts. The electrolyte is a central part of most electrochemical storage devices including batteries and is highly crucial for achieving affordable and abundantly available renewable energy sources.
Research/Job Area- Chemistry, materials science or a related discipline
Location- Helmholtz Institute Münster Ionics in Energy Storage, Germany
- Graduate of a university with excellent academic degree and subsequent doctorate in chemistry, materials science or a related discipline
- Basic knowledge of electrochemistry
- Strong background in synthesis and characterization of ceramic materials is required
- Good written and oral communication skills in German and English
- Willingness to supervise graduate and undergraduate students is desired
- Pronounced ability to cooperate with internal and external partners
- Ability and willingness for team work, flexibility and self-motivation
Job/Position Description- Electrochemical storage for mobile and stationary applications will play an increasingly important role in the future. R&D efforts are currently focusing on the increase of power and energy density as well as on the lifetime of batteries. An auspicious approach of current materials research is seen in the development of all-solid-state batteries with ceramic components.
- Preparation of ceramic solid state electrolyte materials for Lithium ion batteries
- Optimization and development of novel synthetic approaches
- Sample characterization, including structural properties and electrochemical performance
- Mechanistic study on the processes of the electrode / electrolyte interfaces
- Documentation and publication of results in scientific journals and at international conferences
- Supervision of graduate and undergraduate students
- An excellent environment to perform high-quality research at international level
- A lively scientific environment within IEK-12 and possibilities for cooperation with our partners at RWTH Aachen, Forschungszentrum Jülich, and WWU Münster
- A comprehensive further training programme
- Flexible working hours and various opportunities to reconcile work and family life
- Limited for 3 years
- Full-time position with the option of slightly reduced working hours
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD)
How to Apply- Research group is look forward to receiving your application, preferably online via our online recruitment system on our career site until 18.11.2018, quoting the above-mentioned reference number.
For Contact- Contact us by mentioning the reference number 2018-329: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that for technical reasons research group cannot accept applications via email.
Last Date for Apply– 18 November 2018