ERC Funded Postdoctoral Positions, Charles University, Czech Republic
Designation/Position- ERC Funded Postdoctoral Positions
Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic invites application for ERC Funded Postdoctoral Positions from eligible and interested candidates
About- Charles University ranks among the top 2% of universities worldwide, a position that has been repeatedly confirmed by international university rankings. In computer science and mathematics it does even better. ERC Funded Postdoctoral Positions
- Wikipedia-Mining Algorithm Reveals World’s Most Influential Universities – Charles University: rank 34.
- The Times Ranking: rank 401-500
- Top Universities: rank 317
- Mathematics programmes included in the Excellence group of top European universities by the CHE Excellence Ranking 2010.
- Charles University is consistently ranked as the No. 1 Computer Science school in the Czech Republic.
The education programmes at Charles University are accredited by the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports of the Czech Republic and the degrees awarded to our graduates are internationally recognized.
Kodak 80 cm (32 Inches) HD Ready LED Smart TV Kodak 32HDXSMART (Black) @Amazon (50% Off)
Research/Job Area- Physics, Chemistry, or related discipline
Project Title – development of reliable methods for molecular solids
Location- Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Eligibility/Qualification– Applicants must hold a PhD in Physics, Chemistry, or related discipline.
Postdoc position is available in the group of Dr. Jiri Klimes at Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic.
The position is funded by ERC within the project APES – Accuracy and precision for molecular solids.
The aim of the project is to develop methods for reliable predictions of properties of molecular solids and related systems.
- The specific task within the project will be the development of novel approaches for computing the precision of calculated binding energies of molecular solids.
- The candidate will also contribute to the development of methods for calculations of reference quality data.
- The work will involve calculations using solid state codes such as VASP, quantum chemistry packages (Molpro, Turbomole), and development of own software and workflows to control the calculations (e.g., in Python), adjusted to the experience of the candidate.
- The methods will be then applied to study polymorphism, high pressure phases of molecular solids, or other systems.
The initial appointment will be for one year and can be extended until the end of 2022 based on performance. Anticipated start date: flexible
How to Apply- To apply, send your CV, cover letter, list of publications, and contacts of two references to Dr. Jiri Klimes ([email protected]). More information about the project and ongoing work in the group is available at http://quantum.karlov.mff.cuni.cz/~jklimes/
Last Date for Apply– Open until filled