ESQ Postdocs Position 2020 in Erwin Schrödinger Center, Austria
Designation/Position- ESQ Postdocs Position 2020
Erwin Schrödinger Center for Quantum Science & Technology (ESQ), Austria invites application for ESQ Postdocs Position 2020 from eligible and interested candidates
About- This project receives funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 801110 as well as from the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF). ESQ Postdocs Position 2020
Research/Job Area- Quantum optics, quantum information sciences, quantum technologies and quantum foundations, and quantum related interdisciplinary topics
Location- Erwin Schrödinger Center for Quantum Science & Technology (ESQ), Austria
- This postdoc fellowship program is open to researchers of all nationality, gender, race and religion, who come with an outstanding research track record in quantum science and technology, typically shortly after having completed their PhD thesis outside of Austria.
- You must fulfil the EU mobility rules, i.e. not have resided or carried out your work, studies, etc. for more than 12 months in Austria in the 3 years immediately preceding the application deadline.
- Fellowships can be awarded to persons after their doctoral degree or alternatively at least four years of full-time research experience by the time of their employment. The fellowships are given based on academic merit, scientific promise and fit to the Austrian research infrastructure.
- A fully funded position in line with the applicable University/FWF salary scheme. For 2019, this was 3,803.90 EUR Gross (14 times/year).
- Mobility allowance of EUR 4,800 (paid out at the beginning of their fellowship)
- Travel allowance of EUR 4,800
- Trainings and Secondments allowance of EUR 6,000
- A taxable family allowance will also be paid out monthly if applicable.
Contract duration- The contract is for a fixed period of 2 years.
How to Apply-
The applicants are asked to submit as a single PDF file, including
- Letter of motivation (1 A4 page) for the proposed research as an ESQ fellow in Austria: Please summarize your previous research, describe the contributions to your top three publications and provide reason why you apply to the ESQ hosts of your choice.
- Curriculum vitae, including all relevant university grades
- List of publications, talks and poster presentations
- List of awards and recognitions, if available
- English or German transcript of the PhD certificate, if applicable (see rules for Marie Curie fellowships)
- Names and contact information of 3 possible referees, which we can contact for a reference letter.
Selection will be based on
- Academic track record (final grades)
- Research track record as relevant to the call
- Reference letters & other distinctions
- Other merit indicators: e.g. mobility, teaching, supervision, knowledge transfer, manag
For Contact- [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 31 January 2020