Exchange Programme with Foreign Organisations – INSA, India
Designation/Position- Exchange Programme
Indian National Science Academy (INSA), India invites application for Exchange Programme from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Indian National Science Academy (INSA) is a premier scientific learned body (established in 1935) representing all branches of science –Physical and Biological Sciences including Engineering, Medicine and Agricultural Sciences. The Academy has been promoting scientific cooperation with Academies/Organisations of several countries the world over. The Academy has links with the Academies and Organisations in Asia, Europe
and South America. These programmes provide opportunities to scientists working in various scientific institutions and organizations in the country for exchange of ideas, knowledge, establish new links, strengthen old links and undertake joint projects with their research partners in leading laboratories and institutions abroad.
Location- Foreign Academies and Organisations
Eligibility/Qualification– Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for consideration by the Academy for the next calendar year.
• The applicant should be a scientist holding a regular (permanent) position in a recognized S & T Institution/University and actively engaged in research work in frontline areas.
• He/She should not have been abroad during the last 3 years under any INSA Programme.
• The scientist should have been accepted to work in an Institute/Laboratory in the country to be visited and this should be supported by a letter of invitation from the host abroad.
• Those who wish to visit abroad for three months should submit a detailed programme of their collaborative research work to be conducted.
All applications duly completed should be forwarded to the academy through proper channel by the employer/head of the Institute.
Job/Position Description- The Academy has an International Exchange Programme with Academies/Organizations in the countries: Brazil, China, France, Hungary, Iran, Israel, Nepal, Philippines, Poland, Scotland, Slovak Republic, Republic of Slovenia, Sudan and Taiwan.
Scope of Finance
• Scientists selected for deputation abroad would be provided 100% travel support (by only Air India excursion class air fare, through shortest route from the place of duty in India to the nearest airport of host Institute and back) by INSA.
• Medical Insurance purchased in India.
• Visa fee (if any).
• The receiving Academy/Organization would provide local hospitality including internal travel abroad.
How to Apply- Application received after due date and Incomplete application, in any respect, will be rejected by the Academy.
Complete application form (one soft and one hard copy) along with the required enclosures i.e. invitation letter etc. should be submitted at the academy latest by January 31, 2020 to: Deputy Executive Director- I (Scientific), Indian National Science Academy Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi – 110002
For Contact- [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 31 January 2020