Designation/Position- Emerging Scholars Program
The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Awards are designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering.
About- The Facebook Fellowship is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
The program is open to students in any year of their PhD study. We also encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally under-represented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
Winners of the Fellowship are entitled to receive two years of paid tuition and fees, a $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs, a paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit, and various opportunities to engage with Facebook researchers.
Location- Accredited university in any country
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Computer Graphics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- AR/VR Privacy and Ethics
- Blockchain and Cryptoeconomics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Database Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Energy Efficient Video Compression
- Instagram/Facebook App Well-being and Safety
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Privacy and Data Use
- Programming Languages
- Security and Privacy
- Social and Economic Policy
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- Systems for Machine Learning
- Applicants must be full-time PhD students who are enrolled in an accredited university (in any country) by the start of the Fellowship (i.e., Fall 2021)
- Students must be involved in ongoing research related to one or more relevant disciplines (see available fellowships below)
- Students must remain enrolled full-time for the duration of the Fellowship to receive program benefits
- Students should not apply for Facebook Fellowships if they are actively being funded by Facebook through some other sponsorship or collaboration and/or if they are actively being supervised (or co-supervised) by a Facebook researcher. If in doubt, please email aca[email protected].
- Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit
How to Apply-
Applications Must Include
- 500-word research summary that clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the available fellowships below)
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic advisor. You will be asked to provide your references’ contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters.
For Contact- [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 2 October 2020
Applications for the 2021 Fellowship cohort will open August 10, 2020 at 12:00 am PST.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE– October 2, 2020, 12:00pm PST
- REFERENCE LETTERS DUE– October 7, 2020, 12:00pm PST
- WINNERS ANNOUNCED– January 2021