Faculty Positions in Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, India
Designation/Position- Faculty Positions in Rajiv Gandhi Institute
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Uttar Pradesh, India invites application for Faculty Positions in Rajiv Gandhi Institute from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Government of India, through the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG), has set up Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Jais, Uttar Pradesh on the lines of IITs under the Act of Parliament 54/2007 with an empowerment to award degrees and conduct front-end research. Institue has been granted status of “An Institution of National Importance” by the Parliament. The Institue is promoted by six leading Oil PSUs (ONGC, IOCL, OIL, GAIL, BPCL and HPCL) in India, in association with Oil Industrial Development Board (OIDB) and positioned as a “World Class” Institution.
Research/Job Area- Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Geoscience, Social Science & Humanities, Management Studies, and allied disciplines.
Location- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Uttar Pradesh, India
Minimum Qualification (for all faculty positions): PhD with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout. In addition, for:
- Professor: 10 years teaching/research/industrial experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor.
- Associate Professor: A minimum of 6 years teaching / research / industrial experience of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent.
- Assistant Professor, Grade-I: PhD with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc) at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with very good academic record in all preceding degrees. Regular appointment can be made for those with 3 or more years of teaching / research / industrial experience excluding experience gained during PhD.
- Assistant Professor, Grade-II (on Contract): PhD with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc) at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with very good academic record in all preceding degrees. For a fresh PhD, the position will be on contract basis for the first three years. Experience gained during PhD will not be considered.
Applicants for the post of Assistant professor in engineering discipline must possess B Tech degree in the relevant discipline.
Applicants for the post of Assistant professor in Management must possess MBA/relevant degree.
Age Limit: As on 1st May 2020, upper age limit is 35 year for Assistant Professor. In exceptional cases age relaxation may be considered. For reserved category candidates relaxation is permissible as per the guidelines of the Government of India.
Reservation at entry level will be applicable as per G.O.I. norms. The candidates belonging to the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/PwD) are required to attach the Caste/Category Certificate in the format as prescribed by the Govt. of India. The Institute follows the Central list in the case of SC/ST, OBCs & PwD.
Job/Position Description- Advt. No.: RGIPT/JAIS/FA (Rolling)/01/2020
|Positions||Academic Pay Level||Entry Basic Pay|
|Professor||14A (Rs. 159100-220200)||Rs. 1,59,100/p.m.|
|Associate Professor||13A2 (Rs. 139600-211300)||Rs. 1,39,600/p.m.|
|Assistant Professor (Grade-I)||12: (101500-167400)||Rs. 1,01,500/p.m.|
|Assistant Professor (Grade-II)||11: (Rs. 57700-98200)||Rs. 89,900/p.m.|
|Assistant Professor (Grade-II)**||10: (Rs. 57700-98200)||Rs. 70,900/p.m.|
How to Apply- Application forms can be filled online available on the institute website www.rgipt.ac.in. The form duly filled should be submitted online and a copy should be sent by electronic mail to [email protected].
- The ONLINE application portal will be activated on Thursday, 07 May 2020.
- Candidates will be required to list out their proposed, ongoing, and completed research projects.
- Write a short paragraph on the teaching philosophy and strategy you plan to pursue. List national and international conferences you have attended and your role in them.
- If physically challenged, please provide all the details with relevant certificates. The faculty positions call for training at the operating oil production units, onshore and offshore, and refineries for all disciplines.
- Applicants who are employed in Government, Semi-Government Organizations or Institutions should send their applications through proper channel else they will be required to produce a ‘No Objection Certificate (NOC)’ from their employer at the time of interview.
Last Date for Apply– 30 June 2020
This is a Rolling Advertisement; therefore, applicants can submit their online applications at any time on or after the opening date.
However, every year processing of the applications by the Departments/Centres/Schools will be done in two cycles and the deadlines are generally 30th June (First Cycle) and 30th December (Second Cycle) of the respective year or as decided by the Institute.
Applications shall be processed based on the requirement of the Institute in specialized areas. Other relevant and suitable applications would be kept alive for processing in the next cycle.
*Foreign national means a person who does not have either an Indian passport, or a PIO/OCI card. Foreign nationals can be offered contractual appointment for up to five years. Depending on the performance; the appointment can be renewed thereafter.