Faculty Positions in SN Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata
Designation/Position- Faculty Positions in SN Bose
Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata invites application for Faculty Positions in SN Bose from candidates for the posts of Assistant Professors and Associate Professors.
About- Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS), JD Block, Sector-III, Salt Lake, Kolkata –700098 (established in 1986 with a 15-acre green campus) is an autonomous institution funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. The Centre, with a current strength of more than 30 faculty members, more than 15 postdoctoral research fellows/scientists, and about 150 students, has research activities in different focused areas of basic sciences. It has research activities (Theoretical, Computational and Experimental) in different areas of Physical, Chemical, and Mathematical sciences. In recent years the Centre has made a significant investment to establish new experimental research facilities and computational facilities. The Centre runs a post-M. Sc. and an Integrated Ph. D. Research programs.
Location- Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata
Research Area- Applications are invited for above positions in the
- (i) Department of Astrophysics and Cosmology (DAC);
- (ii) Department of Chemical, Biological and Macro-Molecular Sciences (DCBMS); and
- (iii) Department of Condensed Matter Physics and Material Sciences (DCMPMS) with a research interest in the following areas:
a) Experimentalists in the areas of Quantum Materials, Quantum Optics/Photonics, and Nano Devices;
b) Chemistry of Nano Materials, Functional Nano Materials and Devices, and Computational Molecular Biology;
c) Theoretical and Observational Astrophysics involving mega telescope observatories
Minimum Qualification (for all faculty positions): Ph. D. with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout (also see in Notes below). Successful applicants after joining are expected to carry out independent research and guide Ph. D. students. He/she is expected to publish high-quality research papers in peer-reviewed journals.
Associate Professor: Preferably below 45 years of age with five years’ teaching and/or research experience of which at least two years should be at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent. Past records of securing extramural funding and supervising postgraduate students are desirable.
Assistant Professor: Preferably below 40 years of age and having post-doctoral experience of at least three years. The incumbents are expected to carry out independent research and guide Ph.D. students. He is expected to publish high-quality research papers in peer-reviewed journals.
Job/Position Description- SNBNCBS invites applications from the Indian nationals for the posts of Assistant Professors with pay in the pay band of Rs. 15600-39100 with Grade Pay of Rs. 7600 and Associate Professors with pay in the pay band of Rs. 37400 -67000 with Grade Pay of Rs. 8700.
The pay carries all other allowances as admissible to a Central Government employee stationed at Kolkata. The other benefits, such as book grants, research initiation grant, financial support towards national and international conferences, etc. shall be permitted as per the Centre’s norms.
How to Apply-
- An application form for faculty positions in the form of a .doc file is available
- The application must be complete in all respects as prescribed in this form.
- The duly filled and appropriately signed form forwarded through proper channel should be sent along with all enclosures to- The Chairman, Faculty Search Committee,
Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Block-JD, Sector-III, Salt
Lake, Kolkata 700106.
- A soft copy is to be sent by E-mail to [email protected] (photo and signature not required in soft copy).
- More information about the on-going research in various departments and teaching activities may be obtained at the site http://newweb.bose.res.in.
- The process of selection will consist of a seminar and academic interaction followed by a Selection Committee meeting for shortlisted candidates.