Faculty Staff Positions – 2019 in Indian Institute of Technology Patna
Indian Institute of Technology Patna , India invites application for Faculty Staff Positions
– 2019 from eligible and interested candidates
Designation/Position- Faculty Staff Positions – 2019
About- IIT Patna invites applications for Faculty Staff Positions – 2019 from Indian Nationals (Foreign Nationals may also apply, for appointment to tenure/contractual position as per MHRD, GoI rules), who are well-qualified, energetic, and strongly motivated for high quality teaching and research in Indian Institute of Technology Patna(IIT Patna).
Location- Indian Institute of Technology Patna
- Assistant Professor: For faculty staff position – 2019 candidate should have a Ph.D. degree with first class or equivalent (in terms of Grades etc.) at the preceding degree in appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and at least three years’ post-Ph.D experience in teaching/research/industry for the post of Assistant Professor(Grade I), excluding however, the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D. Candidates not satisfying the experience requirement for direct recruitment as Assistant Professor(Grade I) may be considered for the post of Assistant Professor(Grade II) which may be moved to Assistant Professor (Grade I) subsequently on completion of the minimum experience requirement and satisfactory performance in teaching & research during the period of contract appointment at IIT Patna.
- Associate Professor: One should have a Ph.D. degree with first class or equivalent (in terms of Grades etc.) at the preceding degree in appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of six years in teaching/research/industry of which at least three years should beat the level of Assistant Professor (Grade I)/ Senior Scientific Officer/Senior Design Engineer or equivalent. A candidate should have preferably produced one Ph.D. student (thesis submitted) with reasonable number of peer reviewed publications in journals/conferences of repute.
- Age Requirements: Preferably below35yearsfor the post of Assistant Professor as on the closing date of receiving applications as mentioned in this advertisement.
Minimum requirements of experience may be relaxed in respect of outstanding candidates evidenced through academic contribution/research publications/patents or an equivalent contribution made towards pedagogical and/or institutional developments. Candidates from industry having excellent R&D record evidenced through publication/patents/product development may be considered even without producing Ph.D.
Age relaxations maybe made, if needed, for candidates with past relevant experience in academia, industry, and R&D laboratories with excellent performance records.
Reservation and Relaxation for SC/ST/OBC etc.: Reservation in appointment and relaxation in academic record will be considered as per the Government of India (GoI) rules.
How to Apply- Application for Faculty Staff Positions – 2019 in prescribed format can be downloaded here (DOC format and PDF format )and sent to the following address;
Faculty Affairs, IIT Patna Bihta, Patna-801106,Bihar
Phone:+91(612)3028290, +91 (612) 3028041E-mail:[email protected]
- Applicants who are employed in Government, Semi-Government, Autonomous Organizations or Institutions should send their applications THROUGHPROPER CHANNEL. Else they will be required to produce a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from their employer at the time of interview. Applicants desiring to apply for more than one department should submit separate applications for each department.
- The Institute reserves the right to consider to fill or not to fill positions in any of the above/and or any other specialization(s)/Department(s). The Institute has the right to set different as well as higher norms, while short-listing, taking in to account the specific requirement of the individual departments. Mere fulfillment of the qualification requirements does not entitle candidates to be called for an interview.
Applicants should send their applications along with relevant documents (soft copy) through email to: [email protected] and hard copy by post to the above address. Also, they should request their referees to send the reference letters to Associate Dean, Faculty Affairs by post/email ([email protected]) on/ before the last date of the advertisement.
- At least three reference letters from persons well acquainted with candidate’s work are essential for consideration of candidature and it should reach to the Associate Dean, Faculty Affairs, IIT Patna latest by 18th January, 2019. Electronic copies of the application and/or reports from the referees will be considered only on receipt of hard copies of the application.
- Based on the qualifications of the candidates and the need of the department concerned, applications will be processed. The expected date of interview will be published on the website well in advance. The candidates are advised to check this web site regularly (www.iitp.ac.in).
Last Date for Apply– 18 January 2019