Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellowship
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO, Australia), invites application for postdoctoral fellow position from candidates having PhD in a relevant discipline area, such as Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or Bioinformatics.
About- At the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO, Australia), we shape the future. We do this by using science to solve real issues. Organisation research makes a difference to people, industry and the planet.
Location- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or Bioinformatics.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of relevant postdoctoral experience.
- Evidence of developing machine learning methodology (e.g. RF, SVM, ANN) as well as more than one language relevant for bioinformatics (e.g. Python, Java, C++, Scala, BASH, R).
- Proven impact from developing solutions on multiple cloud vendors (AWS, Alibaba cloud, GCP Azure) and experience with Hadoop-based distributed compute systems (SPARK, FLINK).
- Experience in health and bioinformatics research, specifically analysis of medical data (HPO, Snomed, FHIR) and handling of genomic variant information (VCF) of large cohorts.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
Job/Position Description- Postdoctoral Fellowships at CSIRO provide opportunities to scientists and engineers, who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships will help launch their careers, provide experience that will enhance their career prospects, and facilitate the recruitment and development of potential leaders for CSIRO.
Postdoctoral Fellows are appointed for up to three years and will work closely with a leading Research Scientist or Engineer in their respective field. They carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO with the possibility of novel and important scientific outcomes. They present the findings in appropriate publications and at conferences.
Research group is looking for a PhD qualified Data Scientist with experience in genomic and medical (phenome) data analysis, as well as demonstrated knowledge of cloud services from multiple vendors (AWS, Alibaba, GCP, Azure) to help us bring advanced IT solutions to human health applications.
The successful candidate to join the high-performing Transformational Bioinformatics and Clinical Imaging Teams within the Australian e-Health Research Centre (AEHRC). The selected candidate will achieve impact by developing novel analysis strategies for combining genomic and other phenotypic data (e.g. medical image metrics) using the latest in BigData and cloud computing technologies.
Salary: AU $80K – AU $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
How to Apply- To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Last Date for Apply–3 August 2018