Fulbright-Kalam Climate Doctoral Fellowship 2020-2021 in USA
Designation/Position- Fulbright-Kalam Climate Doctoral Fellowship
United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) invites application for Fulbright-Kalam Climate Doctoral Fellowship from eligible and interested candidates
About- In pursuance of the Joint Statement, the Government of the United States of America and the Government of the Republic of India – desiring to promote further mutual understanding between the two peoples by a wider exchange of knowledge and professional talents – intend to partner to build long-term capacity in the United States and India by engaging scientific and technical research scholars from both countries related to climate research and education through the Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship.
The United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) administers the Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship on behalf of both the governments.
Research/Job Area- All available research area
Location- US institutions
In addition to the General Prerequisites:
- Candidates registered for their Ph.D. should have conducted adequate research in the relevant field, especially in the identification of resources in India and the U.S. The candidate must be registered for a Ph.D. at an Indian institution on or before September 1, 2018. In the candidate’s online application form, one of the referees must be the candidate’s Ph.D. supervisor. The supervisor should indicate the Ph.D. registration date and topic. The supervisor should also provide comments on the candidate’s research work and the usefulness of the fellowship.
- Ph.D. students will conduct research essential to their dissertations or thesis. Therefore, the candidate’s expected Ph.D. thesis submission date should not be earlier than three months after the candidate’s grant end date. For example, if May 2021 is the expected grant end date, the candidate cannot submit their thesis before August 2021. The candidate should indicate the Ph.D. registration date and the expected Ph.D. thesis submission date in the “Applicant Annexure”.
- If employed, applicants should follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the “Employer’s Endorsement Form”. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period; and
- Applicants should upload a “writing sample,” such as a copy of an article, a paper published or presented, or extracts from the master’s degree /M.Phil. thesis in the online application form.
Note: These fellowships are for pre-doctoral level research. Applicants with Ph.D. degrees or those at the final stage of Ph.D. thesis submission will not be considered.
Job/Position Description- These fellowships are designed for Indian scholars who are registered for a Ph.D. at an Indian institution. These fellowships are for six to nine months.
The selected candidate will have affiliation with one U.S. host institution during the grant. USIEF strongly recommends all applicants to identify institutions for affiliation and correspond in advance with potential host institutions. If you have a letter of invitation from a U.S. institution, please include it as a part of your online application. The letter of invitation should indicate the duration of your visit, preferably with dates.
These fellowships provide J-1 visa support, round-trip economy class air travel between India and the U.S., a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, a modest settling-in allowance, and a professional allowance.
In case of postdoctoral research grantees, and subject to availability of funds, a dependent allowance and international travel may be provided for one accompanying eligible dependent provided the dependent is with the grantee in the U.S. for at least 80 per cent of the grant period.
How to Apply-
- Applications must be submitted online at: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2020
- Please carefully review the Application Instructions before starting your online application.
- Please refer to the Applicant Checklist before submitting the application.
- In addition, you must complete and upload the following documents on your online application:
Last Date for Apply– 15 July 2019, 23:59:59 hrs (IST)