Fully Funded Master/Doctoral programs 2020 at Skoltech, Russia
Designation/Position- Fully Funded Master/Doctoral programs
Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, Russia invites application for Fully Funded Master/Doctoral programs from eligible and interested candidates
About- Skoltech was founded in 2011 in a partnership with MIT with the vision of being a world-leading academic institute of science and technology. As an academic institution, Skoltech primary mission is academic excellence in target domains. This includes performing cutting-edge basic and applied research and educating next generation of science, technology and business leaders.
Research/Job Area- All available research area
Location- Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, Russia
For Master’s programs
An appropriate bachelor’s or specialist degree or its equivalent, from an accredited university.
For Doctoral programs
An appropriate master’s or specialist degree or its equivalent, from an accredited university.
As we receive more applications each year from excellent candidates than we have places available, meeting the minimum admissions requirement does not necessarily guarantee admission.
Successful applicants have generally received previous education and training in fields relevant to our programs, including:
- Computer science, computer engineering, computational mathematics, mathematics & applied mathematics, informatics, etc.
- Physics, applied physics
- Chemistry, chemical engineering
- Biology, molecular biology, bio-engineering, biochemistry, biophysics, bioinformatics, systems biology
- Materials science and engineering
- Aerospace science and engineering, astrophysics
- Mechanical engineering
- Petroleum and gas engineering, geophysics, geology, geological engineering
Students whose primary education is in the humanities, business, or social sciences must have significant training in a field related to one of Skoltech’s programs.
All applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English, the language of instruction at Skoltech. A minimum score of 80 on the TOEFL iBT, 450 on the TOEFL ITP or 6 on the IELTS is required. The language certificate should be valid for 2 years after the test date. A TOEFL or IELTS score is not required if the applicant received a degree at a university where the medium of instruction is English. No exceptions are made for this policy and only TOEFL and IELTS scores are accepted. Skoltech’s institutional code for the TOEFL iBT is 2909.
Submission of a General GRE score is not required for the Skoltech application. However, a high score may enhance your application. For further information on the GRE, please visit the ETS website for test locations, dates, and times. Skoltech’s institutional code for the GRE is 1294.
- Skoltech aims to provide the maximum financial aid to its students.
- All admitted master’s and PhD students will receive an academic stipend as well as full tuition and medical insurance.
- The standard stipend is 40,000 rubles for master’s students.
- For graduate students, this can be upwards of 75,000 rubles.
- Any further funding will be decided on a case by case basis by the admissions committee.
How to Apply-
Skoltech offers an online application to make the process quick and simple for potential students. Before beginning the application, we advise that you carefully read the application instructions, requirements, and deadlines for your chosen academic program.
The application includes your CV, two letters of recommendation, and a motivation letter. Submission of either TOEFL or IELTS test results is required by “Selection Weekend.” Applicants who did not get a chance to take any of these official tests will be able to take the TOEFL ITP during “Selection Weekend” at Skoltech.
Last Date for Apply–
MSc programs application dates– Next deadline: July 16, 2020
PhD programs application dates– Next deadline: August 2, 2020