Fully-funded PhD studentships at Nottiangham Trent University, UK
Designation/Position- Fully-funded PhD studentships
Nottingham Trent University, UK invites application for Fully-funded PhD studentships from eligible and interested candidates
About- Nottingham Trent University (NTU) directly impacting people’s lives through our ground-breaking research. The innovative solutions provided to global challenges ranging from meningitis to climate change have had an enduring influence on culture and society – both in the UK and across the globe. Turn your passion into achievement, and build the experience and expertise that will get you noticed by employers.
Research/Job Area- Various research area
Location- Nottingham Trent University, UK
Eligibility/Qualification– The 2020 Nottingham Trent University PhD Studentship Scheme is open to all UK, EU, and Overseas students who meet the academic and scheme eligibility criteria detailed further below.
- Your qualifications must meet or exceed the specific Nottingham Trent University qualifications entry criteria for MPhil/PhD study which can be found in paragraph 5.1 of the Nottingham Trent Quality Handbook Part C Section 11 (Research Degrees).
- You should either hold the required qualification(s) at the time of application or be able to state that you will have completed the relevant qualification or equivalent by the time your PhD begins.
- You must be available to begin full-time, on-site study at Nottingham Trent University either on our 01 October 2020 entry date or on our 05 January 2021 entry date.
- We are looking for proposals that are aligned to our Research Centres. Please indicate clearly which Research Centre you feel your research interest is best aligned to.
- If you already hold a doctoral level qualification you are ineligible to apply for funding under the 2020 Nottingham Trent University PhD Studentship Scheme.
- If you have already commenced doctoral study at NTU or at another University you are ineligible to apply for funding under the 2020 Nottingham Trent University PhD Studentship Scheme.
- You are only allowed to submit one application relating to one proposal to the 2020 Nottingham Trent University PhD Studentship Scheme.
- Applicants wishing to study part-time are not eligible to apply for funding under this scheme.
Research group is offering 50 fully-funded PhD studentships, aligned with our research centres and available to UK, EU or international student
The studentship will cover:
- tuition fees (Home/EU or International depending on your fee status) for Years 1-3 of your MPhil/PhD study at Nottingham Trent University
- a stipend to be paid in monthly arrears in Years 1-3 of your MPhil/PhD study at Nottingham Trent University in line with UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) minimum rates. You can find further information on UKRI rates on the UK Research and Innovation website.
Start date: 1 October 2020 or 5 January 2021
How to Apply- The NTU Doctoral School will treat your online form as an application for a place to study for an MPhil/PhD research degree at Nottingham Trent University, as well as a funding application for the 2020 Nottingham Trent University PhD Studentship Scheme.
Please note that it is possible that you may be eligible for a place to study at NTU, but that your application is not considered for funding under the 2020 Nottingham Trent University PhD Studentship Scheme.
The online application consists of mandatory sections which need to be completed before you are able to submit.
- Step 1: Eligibility questions
- Step 2: Completing the online application form
- Step 3: Additional document upload
- Step 4: Equal opportunities
- Step 5: Submit
Last Date for Apply– 14 February 2020 at 12 noon