German Chancellor Fellowship 2019 by Humboldt Foundation, Germany
Designation/Position- German Chancellor Fellowship
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany invites application for German Chancellor Fellowship from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is searching for the leaders of tomorrow – from Brazil, China, India, Russia, and the USA. The German Chancellor Fellowship offers you an opportunity to take the next career step in Germany – irrespective of your field of work. In order to apply, develop your own project idea and find the host of your choice to mentor you. Once your host has confirmed, you can apply for a fellowship. German Chancellor Fellowship
Research/Job Area- Various research area
Location- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany
- are a university graduate with an international bias from Brazil, China, India, Russia or the USA and have already acquired initial leadership experience
- completed your first degree less than 12 years ago
- would like to spend a year working on a project you have developed yourself with a host of your choice in Germany
- can demonstrate that your project will be of social significance and that you have the potential to build future bridges between Germany and your own country
- work in a sector such as politics, economics, the media, administration and culture
- a monthly fellowship of €2,170, €2,470 or €2,770, depending on your qualifications
- individual mentoring during your stay in Germany
- additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course
- a study tour of Germany and a number of events during which you can make contact with other fellows and representatives of German companies and institutions
- extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help you sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during your entire professional career
The Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany is the patron of this fellowship programme.
The Foundation grants up to 50 German Chancellor Fellowships annually – up to ten for each country.
How to Apply- Applications should be completed online.
The completed application form, including the necessary additional documents, should be submitted online by the application deadline.
A confirmation of receipt will be issued immediately after the application has been submitted.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their documents are complete and correct.
It may not be possible to include incomplete applications in the selection procedure.
Selection criteria – Applicants are selected according to the following criteria:
- previous career and leadership potential
- significance of fellowship for further career development
- potential to build bridges between home country and Germany
- international outlook and future role as an international leader
- existing knowledge to help complete the project successfully
- relevance of the project for the dialogue of modern societies
Last Date for Apply– 15 September 2019
The application deadline is 15 September of every year.