GLAM Postdoctoral Fellowships in Stanford University, USA
Designation/Position- GLAM Postdoctoral Fellowships
Geballe Laboratory for Advanced Materials, Stanford University, USA invites application for GLAM Postdoctoral Fellowships from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Geballe Laboratory for Advanced Materials (GLAM) at Stanford University invites applications for the 2020 GLAM Postdoctoral Fellowships. We seek early-career scientists of exceptional ability who will flourish in, and contribute to, the highly interactive and collaborative research environment of GLAM. The appointment includes 2 years of support with a competitive salary and benefits, and $5,000 in discretionary funds to cover research and/or travel expenses. GLAM Postdoctoral Fellowships
Research/Job Area- Science
Location- Geballe Laboratory for Advanced Materials, Stanford University, USA
- Candidates must have no more than 2 and a half years of post-doc experience.
- Candidates must have received their PhD by the time they start the position.
- Both theory and experimental candidates can apply.
- Competition is open to all qualified candidates. If the position is offered to a non-US citizen, responsibility for obtaining the necessary visa will be assumed by the host faculty member.
Appointments are expected to begin in the window between June and December 2019.
The Fellowship lasts for two years. However, extension beyond two years can be negotiated with and covered by the host faculty, similar to any usual postdoctoral position.
How to Apply-
Candidates are asked to submit online a curriculum vitae including publication list, and a two page research statement that details proposed research and possible collaborations within GLAM.
Candidates are also required to identify one or more host faculty within GLAM, with whom they have discussed their proposed research and who will be asked to submit a nomination letter on their behalf.
Candidates should also arrange to have two letters of reference submitted online.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all of the following items are submitted online by 12:00 noon PST on October 31, 2019.
- Current position
- Current Institution
- Bachelors Degree (subject/institution/graduation date)
- If applicable: PhD (thesis title/institution/department/thesis advisor/ graduation date)
- Name and email of proposed faculty host in GLAM
- Letter from proposed faculty host in GLAM (to be submitted by GLAM faculty)
- Optional: Name of proposed co-host at GLAM + Letter
- CV including publication list
- Research statement (2 pages; can include figures and references, but doesn’t have to; please use a font size such that the document is readable; see FAQ)
- Names, Institutions and Email address of 2 referees
- 2 letters of recommendation (to be submitted by referees)
- Optional: copy or preprint of most relevant recent publication
For Contact- For administrative queries, please contact C. Sanchez ([email protected]).
Last Date for Apply– 31 October 2019