Global Postdoctoral Fellowships in University of Pennsylvania, USA
Designation/Position- Global Postdoctoral Fellowships
University of Pennsylvania, USA invites application for Global Postdoctoral Fellowships from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Global Innovation Program is the research arm of Perry World House, the University of Pennsylvania’s new university-wide hub for global engagement and interdisciplinary international policy research. Perry World House connects Penn to the international policy world through research, student engagement, and public programming, bringing the university’s intellectual resources to bear on the urgent global challenges of the 21st century. Global Postdoctoral Fellowships
Research group is seeking excellent scholars who study global affairs and have interest in interdisciplinary outreach and policy relevance. Research group is particularly interested in applicants in the following areas:
- The Future of the Global Order: Power, Technology, and Governance
- Global Shifts: Urbanization, Migration, and Demography
Location- University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Postdoctoral fellows in Global Order and Global Shifts research areas will pursue their own research as well as participate in the intellectual life of the Global Innovation Program and Perry World House.
- Applications are welcome from scholars who have received their Ph.D. or equivalent degrees (including a J.D. in the case of applicants focused on international legal regimes) in the last two years (not earlier than 2018), or who expect to complete their degree by June 2020.
- Postdoctoral fellows will be expected to give a presentation during the academic year in the Perry World House Seminar Series, publish policy relevant scholarship related to Perry World House themes, and attend regularly scheduled seminars.
- They will also be expected to spend up to 10% of their time contributing to the intellectual environment at Perry World House, including working with Perry World House’s undergraduate Student Fellows, as well as designing and planning engagement in relevant theme areas.
- Perry World House will also introduce each postdoctoral fellow to related faculty and leaders of centers and institutes at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Upon provision of and contingent upon proof of conferral of the Ph.D. degree, all postdoctoral fellow positions pay a stipend of $53,000 plus relevant fees and health insurance.
- The position also provides $2,000 in research support.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
Applicants will be asked to complete a short form as well as upload a cover letter, CV/resume, one page research statement, writing sample, and unofficial Ph.D. transcript (only required for current graduate students).
Research group will also ask for the name and email address of two letter writers who can submit a letter of recommendation.
For Contact- [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 13 January 2020
Applications will be reviewed starting January 13, 2020. To receive full consideration, applications and letters of recommendation should be received by that date.