Har-Gobind Khorana Award – ‘Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award’
Designation/Position- Har-Gobind Khorana Award
Department of Biotechnology, India invites application for Har-Gobind Khorana Award from eligible and interested candidates
About- Department of Biotechnology invites applications and nominations to recognize and reward young minds and active scientists (Indian Nationals) for pursuing innovative ideas and performing basic/applied research in frontier areas of Biotechnology/Biosciences under DBT BRITE Award Programs.
Research/Job Area- Life Sciences, Computational Sciences (applied to Biotechnology, Medicine or Biological Sciences), Veterinary Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Agricultural Sciences
- i. The applicant should be an Indian Citizen.
- ii. The applicant must have a Ph.D. in any branch of Life Sciences, Computational Sciences (applied to Biotechnology, Medicine or Biological Sciences), Veterinary Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Agricultural Sciences. Master degree holders in Medicine or Dentistry (MD/MS/MDS or IMC designated equivalent) and Engineering/Technology (M.Tech or AICTE designated equivalent) are also eligible to apply.
- iii. Age limit: Not more than 35 years of age on the last date of submission of application i.e., 25th June 2020. Fresh Ph.D.’s are strongly encouraged to apply if they meet the mandatory requirements. Age relaxation of 5 years is made for Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, Women and Physically Handicapped Category.
- iv. The applicant should have an excellent academic career and a track record of high impact peer-reviewed publications or invented technologies as evident by granted Indian and/or international patents.
- v. Total Journal publication of 4 as a first or corresponding author or one granted Indian patent or one granted International patent.
- vi. The proposed project has to be carried out in any recognized research institution/university in India having adequate facilities to carry out for its implementation. A consent letter duly signed by the proposed mentor stating that all laboratory facilities will be provided for
implementation of the proposed project must be provided for those who are not in permanent services. The application has to be forwarded by the head or duly designated competent authority of the host Institution or University.
- IYBA is an attractive Research Award to identify and nurture outstanding young scientists up to 35 years of age with innovative ideas and desirous of pursuing research in frontier areas of Biotechnology/Biotechnologyrelated fields.
- Scientists without regular employment are also eligible for this award.
- Association of a mentor (senior faculty/scientist in a University, Research Institute, Medical/Agriculture/ Veterinary College, or any other research institute of repute) is mandatory for those applicants who are not in regular positions.
- The mentor should agree to provide laboratory space and other needed facilities for implementing the proposed research work.
- The application must be forwarded by the head of the institute or duly designated competent authority.
- Young scientists up to the age of 35 years with relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/OBC, Women and Physically Handicapped Category are considered for this award.
- The award consists of a Research grant for the proposed innovative project and a fellowship of Rs. 75,000/- per month for 3 years for those awardees who are not in regular employment.
- Applicants having regular (permanent) employment will receive a cash award of Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Only) per year for a period of 3 years in addition to Research grant.
- Duration- The duration of the project will be for a period of three years subject to satisfactory progress.
How to Apply- Applications in the prescribed proforma should be mandatorily submitted through the online DBT portal (Promis) (URL: http://www.dbtepromis.nic.in) on or before 25 June 2020.
One hard copy of application along with requisite documents should be sent to Dr. Kakali Dey Dasgupta, Scientist “E”, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, 7th Floor, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110003.
Last Date for Apply– 25 June 2020
|Name of the Award Program||Start Date of|
|Closing/End Date of|
|Har Gobind Khorana-Innovative Young|
|10 May, 2020||25 June 2020|
|S. Ramachandran-National Bioscience|
Award for Career Development
|1 July, 2020||15 August 2020|
|J. Ammal-National Women Bioscientist|
|16 August, 2020||30 September, 2020|