Henry Sutton PhD Scholarship 2019 – Federation University, Australia
Designation/Position- Henry Sutton PhD Scholarship
Federation University, Australia invites application for Henry Sutton PhD Scholarship from eligible and interested candidates
About- Federation University Australia (FedUni) carries out world-class research, as evidenced by the most recent Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) ranking with five-star ratings (well above world standard) in seven research areas. Henry Sutton PhD Scholarship
The School of Science, Engineering and Information Technology produces leading research in these discipline areas including Mathematics, Science, Engineering, Geo-science and Information Technology. The School is keen to attract excellent postgraduate students to join our research teams through the provision of the Henry Sutton PhD Scholarship Awards.
Research/Job Area- Science, Engineering and Information Technology
Location- Federation University, Australia
Successful candidates may elect to be located at either Ballarat, postcode 3350 or Gippsland campus, postcode 3842.
- Honours 1 or equivalent is preferred.
- Open to International applicants, with the specification that International applicants must hold current IELTS or TOEFL
- English test results that meet minimum University English Language proficiency requirements.
- Twelve (12) International PhD Scholarships have been created for the School.
- Each scholarship will include a full Federation University Research Tuition Scholarship and a Stipend scholarship (which includes a cash stipend of $12,500 AUD per annum (paid fortnightly) plus an accommodation scholarship valued at $12,500 AUD per annum).
- Both the tuition and stipend scholarships will be provided for a period of three years.
- The Henry Sutton PhD Scholarship does not cover Overseas Student Health Cover (which is compulsory for the period of the COE).
In addition, the scholarship holders may be offered optional paid teaching opportunities within the School.
Project support: $2000 per year to support the cost of the project (approved research expenses only).
Conditions of Scholarship: These scholarships are for a period of three years. Application is open to new International students only. Standard leave entitlements apply. This position and scholarship are full-time, with no possibility of being undertaken part-time during candidature. Students will be required to commit to a minimum of four days per week on campus and participate in occasional industry placement at key times during the term of their candidature.
Projects: Prospective scholarship applicants are encouraged to review the listed potential PhD project proposals that are available here (https://federation.edu.au/schools/school-of-science-engineering-and-information-technology/research/phd-scholarship-projects), and contact supervisors to discuss the projects further. Student project proposals may also be considered and should be submitted with the Scholarship application.
Commencement date: Successful applicants will be expected to commence their PhD candidature by 28 February 2020.
How to Apply- All Scholarship applications must be submitted via the StudyLink online application system.
For Contact- [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 2 September 2019