Herchel Smith Postdoctoral Fellowships in University of Cambridge, UK
Designation/Position- Herchel Smith Postdoctoral Fellowships
University of Cambridge, England invites application for Herchel Smith Postdoctoral Fellowships from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Managers of the Herchel Smith Postdoctoral Research Fellowships Fund invite applications for full-time Fellowships in Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences and Pure Mathematics at the University of Cambridge from 1 October 2020 or otherwise by negotiation. Fellows are required to pursue their research on a full-time basis in Cambridge and funding is available for three years.
Research/Job Area- Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences and Pure Mathematics
Location- University of Cambridge, England
- In accordance with Dr Smith’s will, candidature is limited to candidates who have obtained their PhD degree, or equivalent, within the last three years at any university but normally excluding Cambridge and Harvard.
- Fellowships can only be offered to those with less than three years postdoctoral experience by the time the Fellowship is taken up.
- In addition to holding a PhD or equivalent, candidates should provide evidence of: outstanding academic excellence; a high quality and original research proposal; and evidence of their capabilities as an independent researcher.
- Contingent upon the availability of funds, up to eight Herchel Smith Postdoctoral Fellowships will be awarded in 2020/21.
- Four in the Biological Sciences, three in the Physical Sciences, and one in Pure Mathematics.
- The stipend will be on the University’s Postdoctoral Research Associate scale, currently between £32,816-£40,322 per annum, with an annual research allowance of up to £15,000 (£13,000 in Pure Mathematics).
How to Apply- Applications for 2020/21 are invited by the relevant department / school individually, by advertisement on the University job portal (www.jobs.cam.ac.uk) and must be submitted online.
For Contact- [email protected]
Last Date for Apply–
- Biological Sciences: deadline on 31 December 2019 (http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/23532/)
- Condensed Matter and Materials: Material Sciences & Metallurgy, Physics and DAMTP: deadline on 31 December 2019 (http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/23528/)
- Chemistry:deadline on 27 November (http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/23650/)
- Pure Maths and Mathematical Statistics: deadline on 13 December (http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/23670/)