IASH Postdoctoral Fellowship in University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Designation/Position- IASH Postdoctoral Fellowship
University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK invites application for IASH Postdoctoral Fellowship from eligible and interested candidates
About- IASH provides an enviable location in one of the world’s most intellectually inspiring cities, together with a dynamic network of international connections. The Institute welcomes visiting researchers from across the world. Since 1970, over 1,250 Fellows have stepped through our doors. Up to 30 researchers are in residence at any one time in our amazing – and eclectic – nineteenth-century building just on the edge of the University’s central campus, boasting views of the Meadows. From upwards of 65 countries, IASH Fellows form a global alumni community, and many career-long connections begin at the Institute. IASH Postdoctoral Fellowship
Research/Job Area- Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Location- University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
- Applications from both within and beyond the University of Edinburgh.
- Applicants must have been awarded a doctorate at the time of application, and normally within the last three years (you must be able to produce a transcript, testamur, or a letter of completion/eligibility to graduate as part of your application; you do not need to have actually graduated at the time you apply).
- You should not have held a permanent position at a university, or a previous Fellowship at the Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities.
- Those who have held temporary and/or short-term appointments are eligible to apply.
- If you have taken parental leave or other time away from academia, this will not count towards the three-year limit, but we ask that you provide brief details of why and for how long you were not working.
IASH hosts a lively scholarly community of visiting fellows. It is a supportive environment for postdoctoral researchers, while also offering networking opportunities with successful mid-career and eminent senior scholars.
In short, a 2020-2021 IASH Postdoctoral Fellowship provides:
- Research visit at the University of Edinburgh for three to ten months
- Bursary* of up to a maximum of £13,000
- Dedicated office space, University e-mail and library access
- An allocated University mentor from an area relevant to the Fellows’ research interests
- Weekly Fellows’ Lunch to build community
- Collegial work-in-progress seminar series for testing new ideas
- Calendar of engaging events at the Institute and College
- Opportunities to participate in and design funded workshops, colloquia, etc at the Institute
How to Apply-
- In addition to the application form, a minimum of two and a maximum of three confidential references are required.
- Applicants should ask their referees to email their reference to the Director at [email protected] by 30 April 2020. If references are not received by this date, your application cannot be considered.
- Referees should comment on the nature and quality of the research proposal, as well as on the qualifications of the applicant. One referee should certify the successful viva (defence) and final examination of the candidate’s PhD thesis.
Last Date for Apply– 30 April 2020
- The closing date for the receipt of applications is 30 April 2020.
- Decisions will be communicated in July 2020.
- Please ensure that you supply a valid email address so that you can be contacted quickly after decisions are made.