ICAR Post- Doctoral Fellowship, India – Monthly Fellowship Rs. 75,000/
Designation/Position- ICAR Post- Doctoral Fellowship
IIIT-Allahabad, India invites application for ICAR Post- Doctoral Fellowship from eligible and interested candidates
About- The ICAR Post- Doctoral Fellowship (ICAR-PDF) is a new programme approved under the ongoing ‘Strengthening and Development of Higher Agricultural Education in India’ Scheme of Agricultural Education Division (ICAR) to support the bright and talented researchers to pursue Post- Doctoral programme to build capacity in frontier areas of national interest in Agriculture and Allied Sciences. ICAR Post- Doctoral Fellowship
Research/Job Area- Agriculture and Allied Sciences
Location- ICAR institute
ICAR-IARI Pusa – New Delhi, ICAR-IVRI – Izatnagar, ICAR-NDRI – Karnal & ICAR-CIFE – Mumbai
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate must have obtained Ph.D. degree (with course work) from a recognized University and should be working (in service) in an institution under ICAR-AU System.
- He/she should have completed minimum three years of service (including clearance of probation) in regular capacity as a Scientist or equivalent in ICAR-AUs system working in any area of Teaching/Research/Extension.
- The upper age limit for the fellowship is 40 years on the last date of submission of application. Age relaxation of five years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged and Women candidates.
- ICAR-PDF can be availed only once by a candidate in his/her career.
- The selected fellows are not allowed to work with their Ph.D. guides/Co-guides.
- Mentor must hold a regular academic/research position in concerned ICAR-DU having a Ph.D. degree and should be a faculty member.
- The mentor must have a minimum of 10 years of service experience in the relevant area of work with the experience of guiding minimum of 2 Ph. D. students.
- A Mentor shall not have more than two ICAR-PDF fellows at any given time.
- The candidates of ICAR-DUs are not eligible to apply for Post-Doctoral Fellowship in the same ICAR-DU.
Number of Fellowships – Ten per year for ICAR-IARI Pusa, New Delhi and five each per year for ICAR-IVRI Izatnagar, ICAR-NDRI Karnal & ICAR-CIFE, Mumbai respectively.
Nature & Duration of Support – The fellowship is purely a temporary assignment and is tenable for a period of one year.
The host institution should provide necessary administrative, infrastructural and laboratory facility support to the awardees.
In case, suitable accommodation is not available at the host institution, awardees shall have to make their own arrangements in this regard.
Budget Head Amount Fellowship= Rs. 75,000/- per month (consolidated)
Research Grant = Rs. 2,00,000/-
How to Apply- Along with application, the applicants must furnish a letter of approval of research plan from the mentor including a declaration regarding availability of adequate infrastructural facilities and equipments to execute the work plan. The work plan should be endorsed by the respective Director of ICAR Institute/Vice-Chancellor of Agricultural University under the ICAR-AU system
Last Date for Apply– 2 September 2019