The Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Postdoctoral Fellowship Programmes
Designation/Position- ICGEB Postdoctoral Fellowship
ICGEB (International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology) invites application for ICGEB Postdoctoral Fellowship from eligible and interested candidates
About- ICGEB is a unique intergovernmental organisation initially established as a special project of UNIDO. Fully autonomous since 1994, it runs 46 state-of-the-art laboratories, in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa and forms an interactive network with over 65 Member States. It plays a key role in Biotechnology worldwide for excellence in Research, Training and Technology Transfer to industry to contribute in concrete terms to the achievement of sustainable global development and operates within the United Nations System. ICGEB Postdoctoral Fellowship
ICGEB offers competitive Postdoctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue postdoctoral research in a world-class scientific environment. The Fellowships comprise a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance and additional benefits. The most successful fellows will also be eligible, upon completion, to apply for ICGEB Early Career Research Grants to support their own research programmes as young PIs upon return to an ICGEB Member State.
Research/Job Area- Life Sciences
Location- ICGEB centres at Trieste, New Delhi and Cape Town
More Opportunity – Doctoral and Post-doctoral Scholarships in Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless they have been working abroad for, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application.
- Degree requirements: applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years research experience.
- Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
- Duration: 2 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension.
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 18,750.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- All Research costs will be supported by the research group’s budget.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
How to Apply- Please complete this application on line. In addition, please upload a single pdf document containing all requested attachments.
All submitted applications will be transmitted to the respective ICGEB Liaison Officer in the country of which you are a national for endorsement. Endorsement is a fundamental requirement for the Fellowship to be awarded.
The ICGEB Fellowships Selection Committee will evaluate complete and endorsed applications received by the closing date. The main criteria for selection include scientific excellence of the project, the qualities of the candidate’s CV and potential benefit for the home country.
The candidates will be notified of the outcome by e-mail as soon as possible following the closing date for applications.
Last Date for Apply– 31 March and 30 September