IDRBT Post Doctoral Fellowship in Hyderabad, Rs. 54,000/- Rs 60,000/
Designation/Position- IDRBT Post Doctoral Fellowship
Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology, Hyderabad, India invites application for IDRBT Post Doctoral Fellowship from eligible and interested candidates
About- The IDRBT Post Doctoral Fellowship (IPDF) aims to widen the human resources base of researchers in Banking Technology by drawing candidates with a keen interest in carrying out research and resolving various technology issues related to Banking. The salient features of this Fellowship scheme are as under:
IDRBT Post Doctoral Fellows shall bring with them in-depth knowledge in their area and would utilize it to work out IT-based solutions in various areas of Banking Technology. They would carry out research in one of the following areas or any other technology area, relevant to banking, and acceptable to the IDRBT:
- Financial Networks and Applications
- Electronic Payments and Settlement Systems
- Security Technologies for the Financial Sector
- Financial Information Systems and Business Intelligence
- Ph. D. in Computer Science, Networks, Security or in an above-cited area, and within three years of being awarded the Ph. D. degree or those who have submitted their Ph. D. thesis
- Ph. D. of the candidate and the proposed research should be in the areas relevant to IDRBT
- Has sufficient IT background in terms of knowledge and utilization of IT systems, tools and techniques
- Has a flair for Research and Development based problems-solving
- Accepted research publications in high-impact journals
- Not beyond 35 years of age.
- Candidates who have pursued the Institute’s Ph.D (Research Fellow) Programme are not eligible for IPDF.
- Identify and encourage promising young researchers with talent and innovative ideas to work on focal areas of research of the Institute
- Bring on board Ph. D. degree holders within three years of award of Ph. D. degree or those who have submitted Ph.D thesis to undertake critical research projects successfully and thereby contribute to the IDRBT’s research initiatives
- Develop and deliver working prototypes for commercial use in due course
- Bright minds, who need an opportunity to carry out applied research and development, will get an opportunity of working in areas relevant to IDRBT.
Duration – The duration of the IPDF will not normally be more than two years and extendable by a maximum of one more year, if the performance is outstanding. Accordingly, after expiry of two years, the work of the fellow will be evaluated by an Expert Committee, and if found satisfactory, his/her tenure may be extended for a further period of one year.
- One economy class apex return-airfare from place of residence/work in India for interview
- Monthly Post Doctoral Fellowship of Rs. 54,000/- during the first year; Rs 57,000/- per month during the second year and Rs 60,000/- per month during the third year, provided the fellowship is extended beyond two years
- Funding for participation in one national seminar/conference/workshop in which the fellow has an accepted research paper as per the IDRBT Research Publication Rules, once in a year
- Funding of upto Rupees One lakh for attending renowned conferences abroad, subject to actual, provided the IPDF Fellow has completed at least one year of research and a research paper in the area of his/her research and in which the fellow is an author is accepted in a renowned international conference, once during the entire tenure of the IPDF
- One Laptop (to be returned on completion of Fellowship)
- Lodging in Institute’s Begumpet Quarters, subject to availability, by charging Rs. 500/- for single accommodation and Rs. 1500/- plus electricity actuals for single-bedroom family accommodation
- Cafeteria and lunch in the canteen during working days by charging Rs. 500/- per month
- Office space and access to the IDRBT Library.
How to Apply- Applicants are invited to send a research proposal of not over 2500 words, clearly detailing the deliverables, along with the curriculum vitae and duly-filled application form. The short listed candidates will then be interviewed by a selection panel. This is a rolling scheme and applications received will be evaluated from time to time. Interested candidates may send their application along with their curriculum vitae, research proposal and the proposed deliverables to:
IDRBT Post Doctoral Fellowship
Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology
Castle Hills, Road No.1, Masab Tank,
Telephone: +91 (40) 2329 4000/4999
Fax: +91 (40) 2353 5157
Last Date for Apply–