Designation/Position- IIASA funded Postdoctoral fellowships
International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), Laxenburg, Austria invite application for IIASA funded Postdoctoral fellowships from eligible candidates. IIASA Postdoctoral Fellowships
About- The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is an international scientific institute that conducts research into the critical issues of global environmental, economic, technological, and social change that we face in the twenty-first century. IIASA Postdoctoral Fellowships
Location- International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis, Laxenburg, Austria
Research/Job Area- Offered by University
- Candidates should have their PhD at the time of taking up the appointment and are expected to have a proven record of research accomplishments, and a solid working knowledge of English
- Candidates should have held their PhD for less than five years at the application deadline
- The fellowship requires you to be present at IIASA (the typical period for IIASA-funded postdoctoral support is 12-24 months). Please do not apply if you need to be away from the institute to do your research or expect IIASA to fund field research overseas
- Preference will be given to applicants who are nationals of countries where IIASA has a National Member Organization
- IIASA does not do lab-type research and therefore has no labs
Job/Position Description- Once you have submitted your application research group will contact your two referees via the email addresses provided by you. We recommend you contact your referees well in advance so they know they will receive an email from us.
The fellowships, which are up to two years in duration, are the result of a competitive process and carry special recognition both within and outside the institute. The following criteria are taken into account:
- Quality of the research
- Novelty of the research
- Candidate’s merits
- Cross-cutting potential
Accepted candidates are offered
- An allowance for relocation expenses to and from Laxenburg;
- limited support for monthly business travel;
- a scholarship that is internationally competitive (~ 39,000 EUR p.a.). It is exempt from taxation in Austria, but subject to the principle of income aggregation;
- All appointees are eligible for either state or private health insurance.
All information submitted will be held in strict confidence.
How to Apply- Candidates are required to submit a research proposal, which will form the basis for a co-designed research agenda that couples their own interests with the IIASA research agenda.
- Candidates are required to develop and submit a research proposal that interfaces their own research interests with the research agenda of one of the various activities pursued at IIASA. Once you have formulated a proposal we encourage you to contact the relevant program representatives.
- We suggest to look at the PDF of the application form, frame the proposed according to the questions there, and then send an introductory e-mail. This is vital, not only to discuss research ideas and ascertain their relevance to IIASA but also to ensure more realistic research plans and expectations on the part of both IIASA and the applicant.
- Candidates should have held their PhD for less than five years at the application deadline. However, eligibility is extended under the following circumstances.
Last Date for Apply– 1 October 2018
IIASA Postdoctoral Fellowships