Designation/Position- Faculty Positions
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Uttarakhand invites application for faculty position in The Department of Chemical Engineering from eligible candidates.
About- The Department of Chemical Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee invites applications from prospective, highly motivated, outstanding candidates for multiple faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor (AP).
- The positions are open in all traditional, modern and emerging research areas of Chemical Engineering.
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and overseas citizens of India (OCI) are also eligible to apply.
- Foreign nationals (i.e., persons not having Indian Passport, PIO/OCI cards) are strongly encourage to apply for faculty positions. Foreign nationals can be offered contractual position for five years.
Interested candidates having outstanding track records are encouraged to apply online. Online application portal is open throughout the year and there is no last date of application.
The faculty members are expected to teach courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in Chemical Engineering, acquire research funding and conduct/supervise research, involve in department and institute activities, and provide services to the Institute.
Location- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Uttarakhand
Job/Position Description– Outstanding young (preferable under 35 years age) candidates, having a strong research publication record with demonstrated independence/leadership in conducting research, shall have the following qualifications and minimum experiences to be considered for the faculty position at the level of Assistant Professor (AP)
All other allowances are admissible as per Institute rules, as admissible to a Central Government employee. For instance,
- Professional Development Allowance (PDA) of Rs. 3 Lacs in a three year block, for attending conferences in India as well as abroad, and for membership of professional bodies, etc.
- Institute residence/HRA (if institute resident is not taken), free high-speed internet, leave travel concession (LTC), Medical re-imbursement, transportation allowance, children education allowance, New Pension Scheme (NPS), limited Telephone expenses, financial support towards National/International conferences etc. as per the Institute rules.
In addition to salary and all other allowances admissible as per Institute rules, the following special perks are given to newly appointed faculty member:
- An additional fellowship of Rs. 30,000/- per month for a period of 3 years for the new faculty members joining the institute as Assistant Professors.
- Faculty Initiation Grant (FIG) of Rs. 20 Lacs.
- An additional amount of Rs. 2 Lacs for the purchase of Laptop/Printer, etc.
How to Apply- Interested eligible candidates may apply online. Sequential steps and detailed procedure is mentioned on the online application portal.
For any problem in online application, please contact to Assistant Registrar (recruitment) through e-mail [email protected]
- Convener, Department Faculty Search Committee (DFSC): [email protected]
- Head, Department of Chemical Engineering: [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– Rolling Advertisement