Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Researcher Position
IMDEA Energía, Madrid, Spain invites application for Postdoctoral Researcher Position from for eligible and interested candidates
About- The IMDEA Energy Institute is a Research Centre created by the Regional Government of “Comunidad de Madrid” to develop world-class R&D on clean and renewable energy. The ultimate goal of the Institute IMDEA Energy is to achieve outstanding scientific and technological contributions in the creation of a sustainable energy system. The aim of the Institute is to make a significant impact in all
energy-related research topics by bringing together high quality researchers, providing them with excellent infrastructures and resources and promoting their close collaboration with the industrial sector. The Unit of High Temperature Processes of the IMDEA Energy Institute develops research on electricity generation, and chemical energy carriers’ synthesis by means of high-temperature processes, mainly using concentrated sunlight, and industrial process heat.
Research/Job Area- Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Physical Sciences, Material Sciences or equivalent.
Location- IMDEA Energía, Madrid, Spain
• Ph.D. degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Physical Sciences, Material Sciences or equivalent.
• Knowledge and experience in thermal measurements in high-temperature media.
• Knowledge on solar energy and concentrating solar technologies is desirable.
• Proved experience in national or international R&D projects.
• Accredited oral and written communication skills in English.
Job/Position Description- IMDEA Energy is opening a Postdoctoral Scientist Position on optical and thermal measurement, including diagnostics and performance assessment, in materials and components applied to hightemperature processes tested in high-concentration solar facilities, with the following characteristics:
• Applied research on materials performance by optical and thermal diagnostics involving hightemperatures fluids and high-irradiance.
• Experimental development of test benches for evaluation of solar receivers and reactors.
• Dissemination and publication of research results in scientific journals.
• Supervision of undergraduate and graduate staff working in the R&D unit.
• Participation in project proposals preparation and management of national and international research projects.
Remuneration: Depending upon qualification and expertise.
Duration: The position is available immediately and is a one-year appointment with annual renewals depending on performance.
How to Apply- Applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae, covering letter and student records with the average marks obtained not later than November 2nd 2018 at 15:00h to the following address:
e-mail: [email protected]imdea.org November 2nd 2018
Subject: Reference 18.27 AT5 POD
For Contact- Dr. José González, E-mail: [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 2 November 2018