Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, India invites application for Post Doctoral Research position from eligible and interested candidates
About- ICMR, with its 26 state-of-the-art Institutes/Centers, is amongst the foremost research organizations in the field of Bio Medical Sciences. Over the years, the Council has helped India user in a scientific milieu, creating and nurturing talent in many disciplines such as communicable and non communicable diseases, basic medical sciences, reproductive health including nutrition, human resource developments etc.
Research/Job Area- Bio Medical Sciences
Location- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, India
- Fresh PhDs/MD/MS within three years of completing their PhD/MD/MS and also those who have received their provisional PhD/MD/MS. Degree.
- PDF Guid FOR Postdoctoral Fellow – 2019 should be having the minimum designation of Scientist-C grade.
- Postgraduate medical students are also permitted to carry out ICMR’s PDF in MCI recognized postgraduate medical colleges wherein minimum of three batches have obtained their postgraduate degree.
- ICMR Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is open to Indian nationals only.
Maximum Age Limit
- Postdoctoral Fellow – 2019 position need 32 years age limit, relaxable upto 5 years in case of SC/ST/OBC/PH and women candidates, as on last date of application ( 30 June and 31 December ) .
- For deserving candidates age can be relaxed maximum upto maximum of 3 years based on earlier work done, publications, awards etc. along with the request by sponsoring Director /Director-in-charge.
- Director General may consider and relax on the recommendation of thee screening committee.
Job/Position Description- ICMR Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Scheme is being instituted to foster high quality research opportunities to promising fresh PhD/ MD/MS holders in the cutting edge areas of basic science, communicable and non communicable diseases, and reproductive health including nutrition at ICMR Institutes /Centers. Special focus will be on fundamental research in areas of science and other priority areas identified by ICMR from time to time.
ICMR intends to offer fifty (50) such Postdoctoral Fellow – 2019 fellowships every year for working in ICMR Institutes/Centers with state-of-art R&D facilities. These fellowships will be allocated by Director General, ICMR, depending upon the needs of the Institute /Centre.
Two years and extendable for maximum one more year based on outstanding performance and recommendations by the Director / Officer-in-Charge of the concerned ICMR Institutes/ Centers.In the event of his/her leaving before completing one year, he/she may be required to refund the stipend drawn by him/her from the date of joining to the date of leaving the fellowship.
ICMR Post Doctoral Fellows will be paid a consolidated fellowship of Rs.50,000/- per month plus House Rent Allowance (HRA), Non Practicing allowance (NPA) as admissible and a contingency grant of Rs.3.0 lakhs per annum. 25% of the contingency grant can be used for travel including per diem expenses.
Mode of Selection
Selection of the “ICMR Centenary Postdoctoral Research Fellows” will be made through interview of short listed candidates by specially constituted Committees by Director General based on their publications, citation and its impact factor. The place of interviews will be decided by the Director General, ICMR. Eligible candidates must route their applications through the sponsoring ICMR Institutes/ Centers. Applicants coming abroad may also be considered in absentia, if eligible and found suitable by the committee.
How to Apply- Please read the instructions, given at ICMR website carefully before filling the Application Form (Annexure-I ). The Application Proforma is also provided there (Annexure II). List of ICMR Institutes/Centers are available at ICMR web Page at icmr.org.in. Applications complete in all respect must reach on or before the closing date (twice in a year). Candidates are advised to contact the Director/ Officer-in Charge of ICMR Institutes/Centers where they are interested to pursue their PDF. Applicants can visit the site at icmr.org.in to know the activities of the Institutes/ centers and to know the their mandates. Application received without the recommendation of the Director /Officer-in charge of the sponsoring ICMR institutes/centers will not be entertained.
Where to apply
Applications duly filled in the prescribed format and complete in all respect should be sent to :
Attention: Dr N.C. Jain,
Scientist -G & Head,
Division of Human Resource Planning and Development,
Indian Council of Medical Research
“Application for ICMR CENTENARY -Post- doctoral Research Fellowship” should clearly be written on top of the envelope containing application form.
Last Date for Apply– 31 December 2018