Faculty Positions in Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Uttarakhand
Designation/Position- Faculty Positions in Indian Institute of Technology
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India invites application for Faculty Positions from eligible and interested candidates
About- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee invites applications from Indian Nationals (foreign nationals can be appointed on renewable contract of five years) with outstanding track record for faculty positions at the levels of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in the various Departments/Centres.
- 1. Architecture & Planning
- 2. Applied Science and Engineering
- 3. Biotechnology
- 4. Chemical Engineering
- 5. Chemistry
- 6. Civil Engineering
- 7. Computer Science & Engineering
- 8. Earthquake Engineering
- 9. Earth Sciences
- 10.Electrical Engineering
- 11.Electronics & Communication Engineering
- 12.Humanities & Social Sciences
- 14.Hydro & Renewable Energy
- 15.Management Studies
- 17.Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
- 18.Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- 19.Paper Technology
- 20.Polymer & Process Engineering
- 22.Water Resources Development & Management
- 23. Centre of Excellence in Disaster Mitigation & Management
- 24. Centre of Nanotechnology
- 25. Centre for Transportation systems
Location- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India
Professor: Ph.D with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in an appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of 10 years experience of which at least 4 years’ should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any other Indian or foreign institution of comparable standard. Qualifications & Experience:
2. Associate Professor: Ph.D with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in an appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of 6 years experience, of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor.
3. Assistant Professor Grade-I: Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of 3 years industrial/research/teaching experience, excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
4. Assistant Professor Grade-II: Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout.
Designations and pay structures are as follows:
- (i) Professor: Academic Level 14A of Pay Matrix (Rs.1,59,100 – 2,20,200)
- (ii) Associate Professor: Academic Level 13A2 of Pay Matrix (Rs. 1,39,600 – 2,11,300)
- (iii) Assistant Professor Grade-I: Academic Pay Level-12 (Rs.1,01,500 – 1,67,400). (iv) Assistant Professor Grade-II: Academic Pay Level-10 (Rs. 57,700 – 98,200) The minimum starting pay to be fixed in Academic Pay Level-10 at Cell No.16 Rs. 89,800
Applicants called for interview will be reimbursed to and fro travel expenses within India, limited to Economy Class Air Fare (by Air India), and accommodation will be provided in one of the guest houses of the Institute.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
Last Date for Apply– 15 January 2020
Last Date for Applying for Professor and Associate Professor is midnight of January 15, 2020 and for Assistant Professor there is no last date and applications are welcome throughout the year.