INSPIRE Fellowship 2019 for pursuing Doctoral Research, DST India
Designation/Position- INSPIRE Fellowship 2019
Department of Science & Technology (DST), India invites application for INSPIRE Fellowship 2019 from eligible and interested candidates
About- Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) is being implemented by the Department of Science & Technology (DST) to strengthen the national Science and Technology base. INSPIRE Fellowship Scheme of INSPIRE Programme is focused on attraction of students to pursue doctoral degree in basic and applied sciences including engineering, medicine, agriculture, veterinary, pharmacy etc. after either Masters’ degree in Science/ Applied Science/ Engineering or Bachelors’/ Masters’ deg. INSPIRE Fellowship 2019
Research/Job Area- Basic/Applied Sciences/Engineering
i) INSPIRE Scholars after completion of their post-graduation degree in Science areas and ii)University level First Rank holders in the Post-graduate Degrees in Basic/Applied Sciences/Engineering OR Graduate/Postgraduate Degree in Medicine only from any recognized Indian University or Institute/Statutory Body in India for award of
The Fellowship will be offered on the basis of availability of fellowships in the current year as 1000 fellowships are available annually.
i) INSPIRE Scholar having secured minimum 70% marks (or CGPA equivalent) in aggregate at M.Sc. or Integrated M.S. / M.Sc.
ii) 1st Rank Holder at University level examination in Post-Graduate (PG) level examinations in Basic/ Applied Sciences including Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy, Agricultural sciences and Veterinary Sciences from any recognized University and academic Institutions (Excluding Autonomous Colleges) in India.
1st Rank Holders at the Graduate/Post-graduate Level Examination in Medicine only conducted by a University/ Institution in India are also eligible to apply.
1st Rank should be of obtained in minimum batch size of 10 students in that university level examination with minimum aggregate of 70% marks (or CGPA equivalent) for the entire course/ program.
- Students who i) are 1st Rank Holder in College including Autonomous College Examination, ii) have obtained degree (s) through Distance Education Mode and iii) are 1st Rank Holder in any specialization given at M.Sc. 2nd/ last Year, are not eligible for the offer of INSPIRE Fellowship.
- Candidates who are Indian Citizens and have acquired their eligibility for INSPIRE Fellowship during last year (2018) or current year (2019) are eligible to apply.
- The students who are already enjoying Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) or higher position in any project or otherwise are not eligible to apply for this.
Innovation in Scientific Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE), a Scheme of the Government of India, offers standing opportunity for pursuing Doctoral Research at any recognized University or Institute in India through Fellowships at same level as National Eligibility Test (NET) qualified candidates.
There is a provision of 1000 INSPIRE Fellowships to be offered/given every year to eligible students and each Fellowship is tenable for a maximum period of five years or completion of the PhD degree, whichever is earlier.
How to Apply-
- Students need to apply through On-line mode only.
- The Online application submissions will commence on 7 October, 2019 (0900 Hrs) and will be available up to 6 November 2019 (1730 Hrs).
- No printed copy of the Application needs to be sent to DST.
Last Date for Apply– 6 November 2019