Designation/Position- Intermediate Fellowships
The Wellcome Trust’s India Alliance and the Indian Department of Biotechnology invites applications for their intermediate fellowships for eligible applicants and there is no age or nationality restrictions.
This scheme supports excellent scientists who wish to undertake high-quality research and to establish themselves as independent researchers in an academic institution in India.Intermediate Fellowships
About- The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance is an £160 million initiative funded equally by the Wellcome Trust, UK and Department of Biotechnology, India. The broad aim of the India Alliance is to build excellence in the Indian biomedical scientific community by supporting future leaders in the field.
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance (IA; India Alliance) was officially launched on 9 September 2008 and registered as a charitable trust in India. The organisation is an equal partnership between the Wellcome Trust (UK) and the Department of Biotechnology (Government of India).
Location- The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance, India
Research/Job Area- Bioinformatics, Biomedical science, Molecular and Cellular studies
Eligibility/Qualification- The Senior and Intermediate Fellowship (SIF) competition is open for basic science/veterinary researchers with 4 -15 years of post-PhD research experience. The Applicants are advised to choose the most appropriate scheme suitable for them based on their qualification, research experience, career trajectory and track record. Please refer to the provisions and mandate of the schemes for assessing your eligibility. Typically, Intermediate Fellowships are considered suitable for applicants with 4-7 years of post-PhD research experience who have been successful in building a track record of pursuing a cutting edge research and wish to establish their own independent research.
More details regarding our eligibility criteria can be found here.
NOTE: The Office reserves the right to advise on the suitability of the scheme based on the information provided in the application.
Job/Position Description- This scheme supports excellent scientists who wish to undertake high-quality research and to establish themselves as independent researchers in an academic institution in India.
The proposed research should fall within the India Alliance’s remit which is to support biomedical research that is relevant to human and animal welfare. If you are unsure if your research programme falls within our remit, please write to [email protected] with your CV and a summary of your proposed research.
The fellowship has tenure of five years and provides:
- The Fellow’s Personal Support
- Research expenses, including research assistance if required (normally funding for two research staff may be requested; requests for additional research staff may be considered where field work or clinical studies are proposed).
- Additional allowances for scientifically justified visits of up to one year to an external laboratory either in India or abroad.
- The total award for an Intermediate Fellowship typically includes the costs requested by the applicant as well as the set contributions by the India Alliance. For further details, see costing policies. Costs requested by the applicant must commensurate with their research proposal and should be fully justified in the full application. Inadequate justifications may result in costs being revised.
- Time permitted for non-research related activity during the fellowship is normally restricted to a maximum of eight hours each week.
How to Apply– Eligible and interested candidates can apply online.
Details of the Application process for Applicants are provided here.
Last Date for Apply– 25 July 2018