ICMR-DHR International Fellowship Programmes for Indian Researchers
Designation/Position- International Fellowship Programmes
ICMR-DHR, India invites application for International Fellowship Programmes from eligible and interested candidates
About- One of the major mandates of ICMR and DHR is to augment capacity strengthening of Indian biomedical scientists. This international fellowship programme is intended to create a pool of talented health research personnel by facilitating advanced training and exposure to the latest advancements in knowledge through interaction with the international scientists in their respective field of work. International Fellowship Programmes
Research/Job Area- Emerging areas in clinical/medicine/health sciences
- The applicant should be a citizen of India and working in the country.
- The applicant should possess an M.D/M.S/Ph.D degree (M.D./ M.S./ M.D.S. or MBBS/BDS/ MVSc./ M.Sc./M.Pharma/M.Tech or equivalent with Ph.D. in health / biomedical research) with at least three years teaching/research experience in a recognized Institute after obtaining the requisite qualification.
- The application should be forwarded by the Employer/Head of the Institution with a statement that the candidate will be considered as a full time employee of the Institution during the period of his/her fellowship.
- The applicant should submit a letter of acceptance from the host Institute where he/she proposes to work during the fellowship.
- The applicant should submit a proposed plan of training for availing the fellowship in the prescribed format.
- The recognition letter from All India Council for Technical Eduction (AICTE) for candidates belonging to Private Colleges/Universities should be submitted.
- The applicant should not have availed any similar fellowship of duration of one month or above from any of the agency of the GoI/State Govts in the last 3 years.
The purpose of Short Term Fellowships (meant for senior scientists) should be more towards the establishment of international research collaborations and gain expertise for establishment of expertise/technologies not available in the parent Indian Institute.
|Duration of Fellowships||15 days to 3 months|
|Number of Fellowships||Twenty five (25) fellowships per year|
|Age limit||Below 57 years as on last date of receipt of application|
For the Long Term Fellowships (meant for young scientists) the aim should be to learn new techniques, understand research methodology, be engaged in some meaningful research and get exposure to international scientific environment. It is expected that the scientist on return will develop a research project based on the training abroad.
- A stipend of US$ 3000 per month which includes accommodation and other expenses.
- Return economy class excursion airfare (by Air India ) through shortest possible route.
- Contingency grant of maximum of Rs. 50,000/- (which includes the cost of visa, taxi charges from place of duty to airport and back, overseas mediclaim insurance expenses reimbursable on submission of original receipts/bills on return). No other charges/expenditure is admissible.
- Advance stipend will be given as equivalent amount in Indian currency to Fellow and the last month stipened will be granted on return after completion of fellowship and due adjustment on submission of utilization certificate/original receipts.
|Duration of Fellowships||6 to 12 months|
|Number of Fellowships||Forty (40) fellowships per year|
|Age limit||Below 45 years as on last date of receipt of application|
How to Apply-
- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
- The requisite documents may kindly be uploaded in pdf format only within the prescribed size limit indicated for each document.
- The scanned/digital signatures(jpg file) may be uploaded.
- Please refer to the detailed guidelines for International fellowships before submitting the application.
Last Date for Apply– Open Position