International Post-doc Fellowship 2020 – ISblue, France
Designation/Position- Post-doc Fellowship 2020
Interdisciplinary School for the Blue Planet” (ISblue), France invites application for Post-doc Fellowship 2020 from eligible and interested candidates
About- The “Interdisciplinary School for the Blue Planet” (ISblue) launches an international post-doctoral fellowship program. This call continues the International postdoctoral program offered by LabexMER since 2012. ISblue offers creative young scientists the opportunity to develop their own research project in one of the ISblue laboratories. As part of the strong multidisciplinary ISblue community, post-doctoral fellows gain a fantastic experience and new opportunities for career development in marine science and technology.
Research/Job Area- Sea, ocean, climate, geology, marine biology, geophysics, marine environment, coastal management, marine chemistry
Location- Interdisciplinary School for the Blue Planet” (ISblue), France
In order to be eligible, applicants must: –
- have obtained their doctoral degree within the last four years at the closing date of the call.
- This condition of 4 years maximum after the thesis is considered either from the defence date or from the graduation date (most advantageous case) and can be extended in special cases (maternity, illness…).
- Applicants submitting more than 4 years after the thesis maximum 4 years + 6 months) will be considered if they can provide a letter of support from one of theme representative.
- – have spent a minimum of 18 months abroad (outside France) from 1 May 2017 until the start of the project.
- This program being targeted at international young scientists, applicants holding a French doctoral degree are eligible only if they demonstrate extensive international research experience acquired during or after their PhD.
Number of positions available= 5
- The postdoctoral appointment is for a period of two years.
- Recipients of the awards will receive a gross annual salary of €37 200.
- In addition, support is available for travel expenses, equipment and supplies (€5,000 per year).
- Work contract will include national health and dental insurance, as well as retirement and unemployment benefits.
How to Apply- The candidates will submit an original research project relevant to one of the ISblue research priorities, and propose collaboration with a local host.
The local host(s) should be affiliated to one of the ISblue laboratories and be responsible for providing adequate office and laboratory space for the duration of the postdoctoral tenure.
Communication with one or several potential ISblue hosts prior to submitting an application is strongly encouraged.
In addition to the formal application form, the following are required:
- transcripts of the applicant’s complete undergraduate and graduate records (including up to date transcripts from the applicant’s current university for those who have not yet completed their Ph.D.).
- a current CV or resume that shows educational background and work experiences;
- a brief synopsis of the applicant’s doctoral dissertation (one page abstract);
- a research project (no longer than three pages, including references) describing research interests, in particular those that the applicant would like to pursue within the ISblue themes, as well as more general career plans and how a postdoctoral tenure within any of the ISblue laboratories would complement their existing experience and preparation.
A minimum of three recommendation letters (see Annex II file) are also requested.
Since we do not systematically contact referees to request letters, the candidate should direct their reference writers to the ISblue administrator ([email protected]).
Application form will have to be submitted, as a single pdf document, including the application form and requested additional documents.
Last Date for Apply– Thursday 23 April 2020
Selection procedure – From end-April to mid-June 2020
Fellowship starting date – From September 2020 to the end of February 2021