Designation/Position- Chancellor’s International Scholarship
University of Warwick, UK invites application for
Chancellor’s International Scholarship position from eligible and interested candidates
About- As one of the UK’s leading research universities, University of Warwick have a commitment to research that is internationally recognised, with impact and purpose. Research strategy presents an ambitious vision for the future, one in which our research will transform the way that we understand the world, creating lives that are healthier, safer, more resilient, just, and fulfilled. All of research is inspired by fundamental questions led by our own intellectual curiosity.
Research/Job Area- Offered by University
Location- University of Warwick, UK
- Applicants for a Chancellor’s International Scholarship must also be applying for a PhD at the University of Warwick to begin in October 2020;
- Students currently enrolled on a PhD or MPhil/PhD at the University of Warwick may apply in their first year of registration only;
- Applicants must expect to be ‘overseas’ students for fees purposes, but there is no other nationality criteria;
- Applicants may be from any discipline at Warwick.
For 2020/21 entry there will be 25 Chancellor’s International Scholarships available to be awarded to the most outstanding international PhD applicants. Awards made for entry in Autumn 2018 will include both of the following:
- The full payment of overseas tuition fees (worth £22,860)
- A maintenance stipend in line with UKRI rates (provisional £15,044 for full time award holders in 2020/21, expected to be confirmed February 2020
- Length of funding: 3.5 years, unless you are already in your first year of study when you apply then the length of funding will be reduced accordingly.
How to Apply-
All applicants should read the ‘Guidance notes for applicants‘ carefully before completing the application form.
- New applicants can apply for a Chancellor’s International Scholarship by completing the Joint Postgraduate Admissions and Scholarship Application form. If you are eligible for this scholarship you will be asked if you would like to be considered for funding as part of your application to the University. Please select YES at this point and you will be invited to complete further information that will form the basis of your application for this Scholarship.
- If you are in the first year of your PhD or applied before 1st August 2018 and would like to be considered for this Scholarship to fund the remainder of your studies please complete the Single Scholarship Application form.
For Contact- Results of the PGR Scholarships Competition will be communicated through email by 15 March 2019.
University of Warwick,
Coventry, CV4 8UW
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 (024) 7657 5533
Last Date for Apply– 16 January 2020
- The Application deadline for this year’s competition is 23:59 pm (GMT) on Friday 16 January 2020.
- All supporting documents (references and transcripts) must be uploaded by Friday 23 January 2020 at the latest.
Please note no late applications will be accepted.