Designation/Position- Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship
Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation, Japan invites application for Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship from eligible and interested candidates
About- Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation provides privately sponsored
scholarships to foreign students pursuing academic studies and/or research in Japan. The scholarship funds come from contributions made by all the Rotarians in Japan.
Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship for applicants residing abroad is for overseas students scheduled to enroll in a Japanese university / graduate school. All Rotary International District in Japan will open for 2019 enrollment.
Research/Job Area- All fields are eligible
Location- Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation, Japan
Overseas students who meet all othe following requirements are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
(1) Citizenship & Place of Residence Not a citizen of Japan nor residing in Japan.
(2) Letter of Success or Permission for Pre-arrival Admission in Japanese University or Graduate School Have either obtained or are in the process of applying for pre-arrival admission approval or letter of success from the university or graduate school (under MEXT jurisdiction) intending to enter as a degree student, scheduled for April 2019 or October (September) 2019 enrollment.
Those who have previously studied/ researched in Japan are NOT eligible.
Applicants who enroll into undergraduates must submit a copy of admission.
(3) Scholastic and Health Requirements As an overseas exchange student, all applicants are expected to have an enthusiasm for study and clear-cut future goal, an awareness and respect for cultural differences, the ability to express oneself fluently and to communicate smoothly, and both mental and physical health in good condition.
(4) Field of Study All fields are eligible.
(5) Japanese Language Ability Our scholars are expected to have the ability to understand basic Japanese ( JPLT N4 level). After arriving in Japan, scholars are required to make an effort to communicate in Japanese in order to create and strengthen friendship ties with the Japanese Rotarians.
(6) Age limitation Applicant must be born after April 1st, 1979.
(7) Ban of Dual Scholarships Student who hold a scholarship from another organization are not eligible to receive this scholarship. If applicants are applying for other scholarships, they must submit the information on the application form.
(8) Ban of Previous Yoneyama Scholar Applications Those who have held a Yoneyama scholarship in the past are not eligible for this scholarship.
Job/Position Description- Applicants are expected to have Japanese language proficiency: to understand basic Japanese: JLPT N4 level.
Applicants have to find out and apply for Japanese universities / graduate schools by themselves before applying for this scholarship. And those who enroll in undergraduates are requested to submit a copy of the application for admission for the university / graduated school. Those who enroll in graduate schools are requested to submit a recommendation letter from a supervisor / professor of the applicants’ targeted graduate school.
For April enrollment: Scholarship payment begins in April 2019
For fall enrollment: Scholarship payment begins in October (or September) 2019
(1)Undergraduates 100,000 yen per month
(2)Master’s students 140,000 yen per month
(3)Doctoral students 140,000 yen per month
*Research students are not eligible.
- Supplemental for Airfare：
A single one-way-airfare-to-Japan is reimbursed at orientation, after arrival in Japan. Successful applicants must submit documentation showing the one-way-airfare-to-Japan. Only the economy class fee is covered.
*This scholarship is not full-covered, so tuition and enroll fee can NOT be paid.
*The application guideline is judged based on the one written in Japanese.
This scholarship does not fully-cover all expenses. Entrance fees and tuition must be paid individually
(1)Scholarship amounts – Undergraduates: ¥100,000 per month – Master’s students: ¥140,000 per month – Doctoral students: ¥140,000 per month
＊Research Students are not eligible.
(2)Supplemental for Airfare A single one-way-airfare-to-Japan is reimbursed at orientation, after arrival in Japan (maximum limit 400,000 JPY) Successful applicants must submit documentation showing the one-way-airfare-to-Japan. Only the economy class fee is covered.
(3) Scholarship tenures 1) April 2019 enrollment – Undergraduates: Two years from April 2019 through March 2021 – Graduate students: Two years from April 2019 through March 2021
How to Apply- Application documents should be sent by email to the foundation. app[email protected]
When applying, please download and use the following documents:
- Application Guide for Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship for Applicants Residing Abroad
- Application for Scholarship
- Research Plan at Japanese University
- Composition “Objective of my studies in Japan”
- Recommendation Letter
Last Date for Apply– 15 December 2018 1:00 P.M. Japan time for both April and fall (September/October) 2019 Enrollment.
Notification of selection results are made by email at the following times: Middle of February 2019.
*If the applicant is rejected for admission to the issuing university / graduate school, s/he will lose eligibility for the scholarship at that point.